Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sacred Groove
Hey guys, I figured I stop by and introduce myself. I don't hunt Green Swamp, but I do hunt Tide Swamp up in coastal NW Florida. The reason I joined is that this is one of the rare forums where everyone is helping try to achieve a common goal which is getting close to a Green swamp buck. I've probably gone through every post a couple of times in the last 2 years and I was really impressed by the genuine concern you guys have helping each other out. Very rare !! I've got a lot of experience under my belt, but am always looking to add to what I have. Been a public land hunter for a long time and personally think the feeling of accomplishment when it finally happens is incredible, second to none. I'm not much of a talker, but if you don't mind I'd like to tag along and listen to the conversations, cause based on what I've read, neither one of the places we hunt is easy !!!
Welcome aboard. I used to hunt up near dixie/levy county alot. Not much anymore since i got outta my lease up there
Old 01-26-2017, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sacred Groove
Hey guys, I figured I stop by and introduce myself. I don't hunt Green Swamp, but I do hunt Tide Swamp up in coastal NW Florida. The reason I joined is that this is one of the rare forums where everyone is helping try to achieve a common goal which is getting close to a Green swamp buck. I've probably gone through every post a couple of times in the last 2 years and I was really impressed by the genuine concern you guys have helping each other out. Very rare !! I've got a lot of experience under my belt, but am always looking to add to what I have. Been a public land hunter for a long time and personally think the feeling of accomplishment when it finally happens is incredible, second to none. I'm not much of a talker, but if you don't mind I'd like to tag along and listen to the conversations, cause based on what I've read, neither one of the places we hunt is easy !!!
Welcome. I have also killed a lot of hours in Tide Swamp. Been a few years since I been up there.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone hit the swamp for the last weekend
Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Was out there yesterday aint see nada
Old 01-29-2017, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Was out there yesterday aint see nada
Ull make up for it in gsw. Any word on how the first gsw hunt went?
Old 01-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
I was out there all day both days, didn't have any luck. Saturday a 5 point came out through the 471 gate, and yesterday a 7 point. That put the total for the season at 31. The only deer i saw all weekend were some does browsing on the side of the road as i drove out last night after dark. Pretty sure i heard them laugh at me as i went by. This was my first year hunting deer and my first year in the swamp. I was out there almost all day every weekend, most mornings before work, and after work when i could cut out in time. I hunted Croom for a few weeks, then went to Green Swamp when gun opened up there. It's been said a million times, but that is some tough hunting. Congrats to everyone that got one out there this year. Yall are the few and the proud! And thanks to I AM THE WOODS for starting this thread many moons ago. It is a wealth of information for us newbies.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SwampMoss
I was out there all day both days, didn't have any luck. Saturday a 5 point came out through the 471 gate, and yesterday a 7 point. That put the total for the season at 31. The only deer i saw all weekend were some does browsing on the side of the road as i drove out last night after dark. Pretty sure i heard them laugh at me as i went by. This was my first year hunting deer and my first year in the swamp. I was out there almost all day every weekend, most mornings before work, and after work when i could cut out in time. I hunted Croom for a few weeks, then went to Green Swamp when gun opened up there. It's been said a million times, but that is some tough hunting. Congrats to everyone that got one out there this year. Yall are the few and the proud! And thanks to I AM THE WOODS for starting this thread many moons ago. It is a wealth of information for us newbies.
Hang in there bud ull get ya one! Howd u do in croom?
Old 01-30-2017, 08:11 AM
Spike

Finally got my first buck in GSW. Here's the link:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sout...ml#post4292384
Old 01-30-2017, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by saltydog7seas
Finally got my first buck in GSW. Here's the link:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sout...ml#post4292384
Cant open the pic salty...
Old 01-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Spike

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is. I uploaded them to photobucket and copied the image link. I need to figure it out, I'm pretty proud of that deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.