Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 06-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Spike

Just checked to see what I got and it looks like opening week for gun in GS, second week for hog in GSW and second week for archery in upper hills. I've only been to upper hills a few times and that was a couple years ago for turkey. Hopefully I'll have time to scout out a decent spot before that week rolls around.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NY2FL
Just checked to see what I got and it looks like opening week for gun in GS, second week for hog in GSW and second week for archery in upper hills. I've only been to upper hills a few times and that was a couple years ago for turkey. Hopefully I'll have time to scout out a decent spot before that week rolls around.
Nice...that second week hog hunt for GSW is the hog dog hunt...aint sure how they wrk that...i mean if ya got the quota should be able to hunt...Upper hills is decent i pulled a muzzleloader hunt in there this year
Old 06-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Nice...that second week hog hunt for GSW is the hog dog hunt...aint sure how they wrk that...i mean if ya got the quota should be able to hunt...Upper hills is decent i pulled a muzzleloader hunt in there this year
Dang, you're right. Thought I lucked out and got in for the still hunt. I got the quota last year too for hog-dog and just steered clear of the guys with dogs.
I'm hoping I can find a nice spot in Upper hills away from the crowds. There's a few spots I remember seeing 4-5 trucks stacked on top of each other during turkey season. I'm guessing the late season muzzleloader doesn't draw nearly as many people though so it's probably nice.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Yea...i tell ya what...for that gsw hog hunt try to get on a spot with some oaks...acorns are rainin bout that time n the hogs will be in and around them...buncha good hog area south of cumpressco rd....yea upper hills gets a lotta pressure between quota n exempts but there are little sweet spots in there
Old 06-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Spike

Thanks for the tip. If it's not too crowded I'll definitely head down there. Found a nice spot on main line last year that had nice oaks and was absolutely torn up. Was sitting there the last day of small game and about 20 minutes before sun down I heard a whole mess of em. Don't think they were ever headed for me but it was nice to actually hear them and know I was in a decent spot
Old 06-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Yea gsw has some hogs in it for sure...see em all the time when scoutin out there
Old 07-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Spike

Default I am the woods

Could you private message me... I had a question for you. Thx

Last edited by Publiclandhunter12; 07-19-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Pm sent publiclandhunter
Old 07-28-2016, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have recently joined up with Upwind Odor Elimination Field Staff and would like to give my fellow Green Swamp Hunters the opportunity to do the same. We all know with our Florida heat that bein scent free can be hard to accomplish at times, but Upwind uses technology that actually recharges as oxygen hits it to keep you scent free no matter the conditions. To check them out follow this link: http://huntupwind.com?mref=94 Join the Upwind Nation as a field staffer use me as a referral! Referral Name: Joey Tyler Referral Code: 450. By joinin up you recieve discounts on Upwinds great product line and have opportunities to win free gear!

Last edited by I AM THE WOODS; 07-28-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
I have recently joined up with Upwind Odor Elimination Field Staff and would like to give my fellow Green Swamp Hunters the opportunity to do the same. We all know with our Florida heat that bein scent free can be hard to accomplish at times, but Upwind uses technology that actually recharges as oxygen hits it to keep you scent free no matter the conditions. To check them out follow this link: http://huntupwind.com?mref=94 Join the Upwind Nation as a field staffer use me as a referral! Referral Name: Joey Tyler Referral Code: 450. By joinin up you recieve discounts on Upwinds great product line and have opportunities to win free gear!

Blocked at work but I'll check it out at the house after work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.