Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 04-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks! For some reason I can't get the photos to load but it was tough for sure. I hunted every week and got a bird the first week and the last week with some close encounters in between.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Heck yea woodsman...thats a good turkey season...aint often ya can drop two of em in a season on public land
Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Spike

Good job woodsman. That's a long beard on that jake.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I thought so too. It was 4 1/2" but he didn't have anything for Spurs.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:23 AM
Spike

Nice bird, Woodsman. Had some close calls this season. There was one day I'm 99% sure I would have had a bird if it weren't for the 1 p.m. cut off time. That's life though. Hope everyone enjoyed the season. Bring on archery!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I am lookin for info on how you go about applyin for quotas as an exempt hunter, my uncle is over 65 and wants to get out there this season, but we are havin trouble figurin out how to apply...any help would be appreciated...thanks
Old 05-21-2016, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Hey guys I am lookin for info on how you go about applyin for quotas as an exempt hunter, my uncle is over 65 and wants to get out there this season, but we are havin trouble figurin out how to apply...any help would be appreciated...thanks
Wish I could help Joey. Maybe a tax collector would have sum insight on it
Old 05-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Woods I don't believe Exempt hunters have to apply. I am thinking unless the WMA specificly states that Exempt hunters have to apply like the special op hunts. went ahead and pulled it up for you

http://myfwc.com/license/limited-ent...ta-exemptions/

The following persons are exempt and are not required to have quota hunt permits to participate in many wildlife management area (WMA) hunts:
Residents age 65 or older;
Residents with Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificates;
Residents in the U.S. Armed Services stationed out of state and home on leave for 30 days or less;
Children under age 16
Due to lease agreements, size and other factors, some areas do not allow exemptions. Hunts where exempt persons must have quota permits are shown in bold print on the quota hunt worksheets.
Hunts where exempt persons must have quota permits are also indicated by "(no exemptions)" under Quota Permit Information in the individual WMA brochures Not a Mobile-Enabled Link.
Exempt hunters who want to be included in antlerless deer permit drawings for applicable WMA quota hunts that allow exemptions must apply online External Website during phase I and must be successful in the quota random drawing.
One child under the age of 16 may accompany any quota permit holder age 18 or older on hunts with no exemptions, provided that the youth and the permit holder share a single bag limit. A non-hunting adult age 18 or older may accompany a child under age 16 on any hunts that allow children to hunt without a quota permit or any hunt for which the child has a quota permit.
The non-hunting supervisor is not required to have any license or permits. A mentor license holder (their hunting license indicates "Hunter Safety Deferral") may accompany any quota permit holder age 21 or older who has a hunting license, but the mentor license holder and the quota permit holder share a single bag limit.
A supervisor age 21 or older who has a hunting license may accompany any mentor license holder (their hunting license indicates "Hunter Safety Deferral") who has a quota permit, but they both must share a single bag limit.
A child with an adult quota permit holder, a mentor license holder with a quota permit holder and a mentor license supervisor with a mentor license holder with a quota permit do not need a guest permit. A quota permit holder may only bring one additional hunter: either a child, a mentor license holder, a mentor license supervisor or a quest permit holder.
For more information about guest permits see Guest Permits.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Yea appreciate it....but what if they want to apply to a more limited no exemption hunt?
Old 05-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

hmmm I'll back a phone call and see if colt know he has done the sambar hunt so i know he has to apply for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.