Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 03-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Spike

Hey guys, New to the forum and the Swamp. Ty Cobb
young but well mannered with respect, patience and intelligence. Hard to find in my generation.

Been scouting and hunting a handful of times. no success putting meat in the freezer but learning ever trip. Found lots of signs of life, just not much wildlife action tho...

I drive the white F150 2wd tool box with the Hit & Run bruise on her passenger side... I have only been to the east off Rock ridge.

itll be nice to meet some of you local hunters but as of yet 5+ trips to the woods deep and I havent seen any body yet! Thats been nice. Although I heard them tearing it up on the 4x4 running the flooded roads during hog dog... I thought i was deep but 2-3 miles thats nothing while sitting on your ass in a 4x4...

Went out tuesday no gobbles but saw a hen that i think was laying an egg...

I pray for better success and knowledge with every trip.

Ty
Old 03-26-2015, 06:46 AM
Spike

Welcome Ty!

I haven't hunted much either... I just started a year ago. I learn something new about the swamp every time I go out. Haven't had any success yet but I enjoy being out there.

I drive a Dodge Ram, yellow w/ black racing stripes... you can miss it, LOL! If you see me out there holla at me.

Tre
Old 03-26-2015, 06:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RPD63
I have also been lost in the ol Green Swamp...not fun. Have they taken many turkeys out yet?
Ray
I went out Saturday, there where 4 taken at 471.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

They didn't have a posted board up...I saw and heard nothing...I do have another spot I'l try next week...I don't hunt them much...not worth the effort for me for a tough bird..LOL about once a week.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Spike

I Spent the weekend witht he family and pups and hunted Saturday morning no avail. saw and heard nothing. Only seen a hen. then leaving we see a big bird at camp haha. I will try to get out again soon. I enjoy getting deep in the swamp and finding new areas. every time i go i find something awesome.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, there are always things to learn...Enjoy God's wonderful nature..ALWAYS carry a compass..
Old 04-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Chuck, how's it going? Just found out my favorite Lakeland gun store (Ultimate Arms) has closed and moved. Major bummer as I have been using him (Mark) for several years. Think he headed to Atlantic Beach over toward Tampa.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

No kidding..Doing fine sir...hope all is well with you..
Old 04-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Found out yesterday the Antler restrictions of 3 points on one side or 10 in. Main beam length are now official for zone B for the 2015-2016 season. And apparently time to apply for quota hunts has been moved up to May 15th.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

So I've heard It's Official y'all Green Swamp WMA seasons are getting pushed back. Dec. 5th is suppose to be the first day of general gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.