Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I was told that next year is gonna be the year that the season gets pushed back in the swamp..starting early dec. ending early feb. along with the 3 point on one side rule...can anybody confirm this?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yea huntin was tough aint start seein buck sign or bucks till the last two weeks as for hogs know where they are...may try n pop one for small game
Old 01-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
I was told that next year is gonna be the year that the season gets pushed back in the swamp..starting early dec. ending early feb. along with the 3 point on one side rule...can anybody confirm this?
This would be awsome! who told you this information? sure hope its true.. and yes sir i have a pretty good hog spot myself its just so far back in there that its not really worth the effort in getting the thing out lol but i might smack one down as well during small game and scout around for next season too. do yall usually have more luck with the bucks inside them cypress heads or on the edges? ive killed 1 green swamp buck, a 7 pt and he was on the outside of the head out in the field feeeding
Old 01-22-2015, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lvflkid
This would be awsome! who told you this information? sure hope its true.. and yes sir i have a pretty good hog spot myself its just so far back in there that its not really worth the effort in getting the thing out lol but i might smack one down as well during small game and scout around for next season too. do yall usually have more luck with the bucks inside them cypress heads or on the edges? ive killed 1 green swamp buck, a 7 pt and he was on the outside of the head out in the field feeeding
Guy i was talkin to...said the dude at rockridge check station told him that...i go for small game im gonna ask...yea its wrk gettin em out...I have had luck inside and outside cypress heads only problem bein inside is a lot of times ya got very small shootin lanes to drop em, so gotta always be ready n quick with your weapon
Old 01-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
I don't know bout the season bein extended but the 3 pts on a side will start next year in B zone (green swamp)
Old 01-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Yea looks like they are gonna try passin that 3 point one side state wide...it will make huntin a little tougher but within a couple years we should see some better bucks bein harvested...
Old 01-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

One of the last days I hunted there were 2 fellows praising the Lord..One Christian man had a 6 and a 7 point running by his stand...His 30-06 dropped them both with head shots...He had driven from POrt Charlette...3 1/2 hour drive..so he was thrilled and praising Jesus...another Christian man was walking in and flushed a 6 point..00 buck shot laid the buck to rest...He was elated...I never heard about the late season coming but I heard about the 3 points on one side for next year..I'm glad..I don't hit my best spots until the last week i Dec...Ever since I've hunted in the Green Swamp..I 've noted they have a late rut,..I hunt with bow at different spots..I save my best spot for firearm in Jan. 1st. no since stinking it up..

I hope there is a later season..simply because it takes our swamp a couple months to semi dry up from the July and August rains..I was in one stand on Tanic where I saw a nice deer....however 3 bull gators were very close to my stand...freaked me out..I had walked up on a big deer but because of the angle I couldn't see antlers...so I didn't shoot.

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-28-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Yea i heard about the guy got the 6 n 7...thats awesome to get 2 bucks in one sit...yea i try mixin up my spots to prevent over huntin them...yup later season would allow it to dry out some...dang... i hada decent gator wrkin one of the cypress heads i was huntin...kinda scary walkin thru that water in the dark knowin a gator is layed up in there
Old 01-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

yes sir..after that I began showing up at that spot at 6:30AM...you had to wade through 200 yds of water...there was a ridge of palmettoes in the swamp..the deer were bedding down there..I only hunted that spot twice..I only hunted 7 times total this entire year..I do plan to hog hunt a couple of the Saturdays...Lot's of water this year...My Powder grade spot , the water was even with the top of my boots. I did walk that area in the dark..and that was scary...
Old 01-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Cool deal...yea that water made it tough gettin to some areas i hunt as well...but i think all the water helped me too...i think the area where i shot my buck was an area deer pry wouldnt of been usin if not for all the water around it...so water can definitely be a game changer either way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.