Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-16-2014, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

yea i know they have gotten some nice ones outta there in the past just seems the number of deer in there is quite a bit lower than what it should be with havin the 3 point one side rule hardly no doe harvest and a few hunts every season in there...I got a half moon 1st gen. gun at the start of nov. that place has the 3 point one side rule and has a good number of deer...im lookin forward to that hunt...Im also gonna be tryin new area in GS...I like huntin where there is a lot of water the big bucks like those areas...hopin we get a lot of cold weather this year...that would be a change for the better
Old 10-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Had an interesting morning Saturday. Got in my stand about 45 min before any kind of light. From my stand I could see the trail people were walking only about 200 yards from my stand but for some reason this spot is overlooked. Anyway I could here some guys making noise way off in the distance when I heard a deer get up. It was a doe that got nervous after hearing these guys for a while. She blew at them and walked the trail straight to me within 10 yards and started feeding. So I stand up and draw back undetected and she stops and I sling my arrow at her. The arrow clearly hit the deer and I heard it but something wasn't right. She had no hole in her and just kinda walked off. I got down and had no blood on my arrow. At first I thought it hit bone and exited straight under her chest but I was wrong. Apparently either my string hit my pack or my arrow wasn't seated good with a severe angle shot and it fishtails and just smacked the deer like a paddle. Sorry for the long post but figured I would share my little piece of action.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Had an interesting morning Saturday. Got in my stand about 45 min before any kind of light. From my stand I could see the trail people were walking only about 200 yards from my stand but for some reason this spot is overlooked. Anyway I could here some guys making noise way off in the distance when I heard a deer get up. It was a doe that got nervous after hearing these guys for a while. She blew at them and walked the trail straight to me within 10 yards and started feeding. So I stand up and draw back undetected and she stops and I sling my arrow at her. The arrow clearly hit the deer and I heard it but something wasn't right. She had no hole in her and just kinda walked off. I got down and had no blood on my arrow. At first I thought it hit bone and exited straight under her chest but I was wrong. Apparently either my string hit my pack or my arrow wasn't seated good with a severe angle shot and it fishtails and just smacked the deer like a paddle. Sorry for the long post but figured I would share my little piece of action.
Dang thats crazy...but least ya got some action...best part of archery season can get at em where they normally wouldnt be...i aint get to make it out there this weekend...practiced with my bow today sucker was shootin right bout 8in. at 30yds...come to find out where the sight adjust up n down was cracked n was anglin right tried adjustin it n the dang thing just snapped...so i gotta get a new one n resight before i can get out there
Old 10-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Ya I had some troubles getting mine set up this year too. I've killed 3 hogs and a buck in north fl so far so I know my bow was fine. Frustrating getting a chip shot in the swamp and coming up empty. As for sights I got a new trophy ridge sight with the longer arm and light for the fiber optic pins and it seems to be doing well. And I can see my pins a lot better in the low light situations now.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Ya I had some troubles getting mine set up this year too. I've killed 3 hogs and a buck in north fl so far so I know my bow was fine. Frustrating getting a chip shot in the swamp and coming up empty. As for sights I got a new trophy ridge sight with the longer arm and light for the fiber optic pins and it seems to be doing well. And I can see my pins a lot better in the low light situations now.
nice...sounds like a good start to the year...mine was shootin good back in july aint sure how the sight cracked...i think im gonna get the same tru glo pin sight i had...sounds similar to yours...does good when its positioned straight n not cracked lol
Old 10-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

They get any out in the swamp saturday?
Old 10-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I didn't see anything takin out when I left about 10am but there was plenty of time for someone to bring somethin out. As wet as it is I'm sure somebody killed somethin.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Well it looks like i will be able to finally make it out to the swamp for some bow huntin on Sunday
Old 11-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Spike

Any updates from the swamp this season?
Old 11-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Spike

Might head out there for a hunt come saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.