Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-23-2016, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Yup went out there n seen a stud at very last light saturday, had a group of 5 does come in off my right in behind me, they started blowin like crazy, i looked up on the hill they had walked to in seen a big bodied deer raise its head with a nice rack then nose to the ground ran the doe group off, happened real quick and was purty dark to try n shoot, but he was a goodin pry registry class or close to it, pry gonna hit it again this weekend
Awesome brother. Good luck
Old 11-27-2016, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Was out at Croom yesterday, dropped a 4 point, I initially thought his beams were 12-13 in. He was on the run with his ears back which made his rack appear larger. But the ol ground shrinkage set in. Had me a bit nervous, but after layin the tape to him, beams are both right at 11 inches...hes a scrub but hes a freezer packer
Old 11-27-2016, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Was out at Croom yesterday, dropped a 4 point, I initially thought his beams were 12-13 in. He was on the run with his ears back which made his rack appear larger. But the ol ground shrinkage set in. Had me a bit nervous, but after layin the tape to him, beams are both right at 11 inches...hes a scrub but hes a freezer packer
Congrats joey!
Old 11-27-2016, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

What time u get em. Ruttin or nah
Old 11-27-2016, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
What time u get em. Ruttin or nah
Thanks...got him at 4:15 pm in a purty thick bedding area, not in rut, glands were lightly colored
Old 11-28-2016, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Woods.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
Great job Woods.
Thanks man, was a confidence booster after rough year ive had for sure...ready to get on some biggins now
Old 11-28-2016, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks man, was a confidence booster after rough year ive had for sure...ready to get on some biggins now
Yea ive been havin a rough year like you man. Failed on several opportunities. Did u ever get out to citrus for bow
Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Yea ive been havin a rough year like you man. Failed on several opportunities. Did u ever get out to citrus for bow
Nah ended up returnin the permit because i didnt get a chance to scout...do gotta ml permit for there tho
Old 11-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

I was blessed with one Friday evening. It was a cowhorn spike that I let walk during muzzy in hopes of a mature buck. This time he came out at 5:15 and I put one through both shoulders. One beam was 10 1/4 and the other side was 11 1/8. After measuring him I could have legally harvested several other deer I let walk during muzzy. Oh well at least my freezer will stay full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.