Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
So 80 bucks during the first 9 days? Wow!
Well it used to be that way....past few years they average about 50 between the 3 day muzzleloader n the first 9...I'm guessing on the 80 for a season total due to nobody checking game out after the first 9...but still purty good for a wma.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

I went to Croom for the muzzleloader hunt this past weekend and came up with nothin...I do have to say I found more buck sign than the past few years...I did have an intrestin thing happen yesterday...After sittin in the stand all mornin i went walkin around n happen to catch a glimpse of a big bodied deer crossin a trail but couldnt see its head...I was almost certain it was a buck so I stopped and it headed into the woods...I then crept up the trail n caught glimpse of a tree shakin... he was rubbin the tree...now I knew it was a buck but still couldnt see its head and didnt want to chance it with the new antler regs...I tryed gettin to where I could see his rack n i got busted he bolted off into the the thick...finally caught just a flash of his rack...looked to be a basket rack 6 or 8...was kinda surprised the rack was so small bein he looked to weigh 140-150...So of course im regrettin not shootin now but I know I made the ethical choice
Old 10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like it was a good hunt, you saw deer and made a good choice with not shooting and hoping for the right result. At least you know where this deer likes to hang out and may be able to find him again.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MaineRida
Sounds like it was a good hunt, you saw deer and made a good choice with not shooting and hoping for the right result. At least you know where this deer likes to hang out and may be able to find him again.
Yea wasn't bad...yea hopefully so
Old 10-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Well I hope y'all get on em this weekend for the archery opener in the swamp...I was planning on it but got damage to my chest muscles yesterday so I'm on Injured Reserve for now
Old 10-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Sad to hear your not going to make the opener, maybe you can get a crossbow permit due to the injury? If not heal fast!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Gonna get back to huntin this weekend...hittin up Croom again...anybody hunt the Swamp yet?...Any luck?...I will pry get up there next weekend
Old 11-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Spike

I went out yesterday and didn't see much. A lot of hog rooting but was not fresh. Zero movement. Only 3 deer taken so far out of green swamp gate. Not as wet as it was a few weeks back though. Going to try and go again this evening.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Boosted
I went out yesterday and didn't see much. A lot of hog rooting but was not fresh. Zero movement. Only 3 deer taken so far out of green swamp gate. Not as wet as it was a few weeks back though. Going to try and go again this evening.
Any luck? I'm heading out to Richloam later this week.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Made it out to Croom for openin weekend of gen. Gun...Seen 3 spikes and 9 does...Deer were movin purty good in mornings n evenings...just no shooters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.