Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Spike

Congrats woods. I was able to make it out to green swamp Friday for hog dog, and sliped up on these guys and shot them
Old 10-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job on the hogs. How wet was it out there?
Old 10-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Spike

There was more water out there than i have ever Sean. Should make for a great year with the later season in place.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys...I heard from some guys at GSW there ain't been all that many hogs taken in the green swamp hog hunts...Yea lotta water at GSW to and they are callin for a El Niņo winter which means it will more than likely stay wet all season...I gotta get to GS n Richloam to do some archery scouting and gotta scout Croom for the ML hunt in a couple weeks
Old 10-12-2015, 01:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
There was more water out there than i have ever Sean. Should make for a great year with the later season in place.
I am trying to make sense of the amount of water being an influence on the hunt. It really seems to be opposite of what I expect. More water is better than less?
Old 10-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MaineRida
I am trying to make sense of the amount of water being an influence on the hunt. It really seems to be opposite of what I expect. More water is better than less?
All depends on the type of hunter you are...some folks like huntin flooded swamps while others prefer high ground...water deters a lot of people due to snakes gators n just not wantin to get wet...usually on wet years harvest numbers are down quite a bit for this reason...some areas are just not accessible with so much water
Old 10-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Spike

For me at least, finding deer or hogs is easier in wet years. The high water also makes them use high ground that gets rid of some cover possibilitys, by not allowing them to stay in flooded cypress swamps

Last edited by Swamphuntr; 10-12-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I always do better during the wet years. The water doesn't bother the deer, they will still use the swamps. How's the croom gen gun hunt? Is that quota only the whole hunt?
Old 10-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Personally I always do better during the wet years. The water doesn't bother the deer, they will still use the swamps. How's the croom gen gun hunt? Is that quota only the whole hunt?
Yea I don't mind the water either...it's decent lotta does in there but there are some good bucks in that place...its first 9 quota then after that it's open to whoever and however many...1 month long season usually produces around 80 bucks and a few hogs, a lot of deer don't get accounted for due to the check station only bein manned the first 9 and lotta ways in n out of the place...all in all a purty good wma...but does get over crowded
Old 10-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Yea I don't mind the water either...it's decent lotta does in there but there are some good bucks in that place...its first 9 quota then after that it's open to whoever and however many...1 month long season usually produces around 80 bucks and a few hogs, a lot of deer don't get accounted for due to the check station only bein manned the first 9 and lotta ways in n out of the place...all in all a purty good wma...but does get over crowded
So 80 bucks during the first 9 days? Wow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.