Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes...water can also deter other hunters away from your spot..which is good..most hunters rarely go past a 1/4 mile , let alone through a foot of water...and a 1 mile walk...water also helps to hide your scent...Did you get a deer this year?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Yes...water can also deter other hunters away from your spot..which is good..most hunters rarely go past a 1/4 mile , let alone through a foot of water...and a 1 mile walk...water also helps to hide your scent...Did you get a deer this year?
Yup ya got that right...yea was able to get a decent 7 point on the last day weighed 115...was a purty neat lookin rack had a typical 4 points on his right side n a 13" spike witha double browtine on his left side which made him a non typical which was kinda cool first time i ever shot one considered a non typical
Old 02-01-2015, 04:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats...can you post a pic...like to see that rack...same size as my deer...happy for ya partner

PS..I found your post and pic..I had missed it..sorry about that.Sir..and for you guys that struck out...I know the feeling....it can be frustrating...I know you are all avid hunters and sometimes chance..don't like to call it luck plays a big part..Honestly , I had gotten semi lost the day I shot mine..I had no idea I was in a tree 10 yds from a major deer trail..If your in the area I'd be more than glad to fix you a couple smoked sausage patty sandwiches on my grill..they are 1/4 pounders and incredible..just give me a heads up.

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-01-2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Spike

I want to do some scouting for the upcoming spring turkey hunting season. When are you allowed to scout, is it just the day before? Not sure if I can scout doing small game season.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Dominant Buck

You have 3 options..

A. During small game
B. One day prior of turkey season
C. You can bike or hike in 365 days of the year.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

I used the whisker biscuit for a few years and worked well enough. But when I switched to a drop away rest my shot group got much better. They are much more forgiving than the whisker biscuit. With the biscuit, if you shooting form isn't perfect, then your arrows will not fly as well.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7
You have 3 options..

A. During small game
B. One day prior of turkey season
C. You can bike or hike in 365 days of the year.

Thank you, I will be heading out soon. I need all the scouting I can get I have never noticed any signs of turkeys out there, but I am new to hunting turkey. With all the reading I have been doing hopefully I can locate some. Won't know until I put my boots in the mud and get to there. Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Here are some scouting tips..

Turkeys like to roost above water in tall trees...

Learn how to yelp, cutting and purr real good.

you can't move once you are set up..they can see 360degrees it seems.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

I'm a little late postin this one... I was able to drop this registry class 8 point in Green Swamp West a couple weeks back... Dressed out at 105 lbs. had a 17 in. inside spread (about 19.5 outside) with 21 in. main beams n good tine length...It was one of the better bucks taken in there this season...should score between the 110" and 120" range, gonna get it official after I get it back from the taxidermist.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice deer fellow..thanks be to God for such a beautiful animal...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.