opening day green swamp >

opening day green swamp

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

opening day green swamp

Old 11-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Spike

Default opening day green swamp

hunted half aday seeing 6 does and 1 button buck, lost count on the turkeys ive seen no hogs seen today will be back out there in the morning
Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Went speck fishing ..did real good..Video is on the Freshwater..looking forward to hunting with ya Greenswamp Man..

Don't share too much partner..once people find out what ya drive..it's all over { -;
Old 11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Spike

I was out there today as well. Saw a Bobcat and a bunch of armadillos.

The guy at the check station on the Rock Ridge side said there were 3 buck taken out, a spike, 3 and 5 pointers.

No real shooting to speak of (3 shots)
Old 11-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Spike

yea the 5 was taken back close to where i was
Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

I was there on my favorite trail Sat. AM. About 9:30 while still hunting, I heard a loud "HUFF". I couldn't tell where it came from so I turned my head to the right. Again I heard "HUFF" - this time right behind me. I slowly turned just in time to see a large bodied buck jump from the trail into a cypress head. He crossed over my trail about 10 minutes after I passed that spot & he busted me taking a forward step. I'm going there tomorrow morning (Tuesday) & I'm going to see if I can bust him first this time. What a thrill ! I've seen more bucks this year than ever before. Not just GS, but Sarasota too. I saw a monster 8 point last week in Sarasota while hog hunting, but the season wasn't open then. I also let a small buck walk in archery season. All these bucks running around this year - I just HAVE to get one, right? LOL, sure...
Old 11-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Spike

Just got back from the swamp from my 8 day hunting trip. Didn't see any legal deer (only 3 does) but got 3 nice sows (158#, 105# & 65#) and a rabbit. Today a buddy (Countrydad) and I had 4 hogs around our stand and I hold off on shooting to give him a chance to get his first hog. By the time I realized he had no shot, I was too late. But 3 hogs is good for the swamp anyways. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails opening day green swamp-green-swamp-sow-006.jpg   opening day green swamp-green-swamp-sow-004.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Spike

I am going to setup my stand tomorrow and hunt through small game. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

If my knee feels beter I'll be out there too..did a ton of walking at 3 lakes today...there was no on at the gate either...Mybe that was just there for muzzle loader..didn't see jack