Veterans Day Buck in VA >

Veterans Day Buck in VA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Veterans Day Buck in VA

Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default Veterans Day Buck in VA

Hunted Veterans Day in Northern VA (well i hunted most of that week to be exact), started off with a bang and ended with a bang. At first light I had bucks chasing does, and it didnt stop and till i released my arrow. I passed up on several nice ones. Then i watched a doe walking slowly raising and lowering her tale, then i heard the grunts... After that i saw what was following her. After a few minutes of patience he presented a very small shot opprotunity in some pines, and i knew it was now or never. I drew back and made a perfect 25yrd shot, hitting both lungs, he went 20 yards from the point of impact. When i got down, i couldnt be more happy. He was close to two hundred pounds, and a biologist aged his teeth at 7.5 yrs old. My taxadermist did a measurement on him and he is just over 140 inches P&Y after the deductions. Couldnt be happier to have sucessful taken this buck, i have seen a lot of great bucks over there but i have never seen this one. A deer of his age hardly ever makes a mistake I think that makes this even more special to me, its amazing feeling to get a deer of that age with a bow.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1110947341.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1110944531.jpg
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

dude thats a stud!! congrats on a helluva buck!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck bud!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a hoss!! COngrats.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

what a beautiful buck! congratulations!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck Crenshaw, what a slammer. I hunt in NOVA also and was wondering what county you got him out of?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Got him out of Fairfax, i have a great spot that i hunt with two of my buddies. We have about 7 houses in a row, all with 5 or more acres. We were fortunate that one of my friends grew up there, and her father asked a few neighbors and it worked out well. We have been focusing on taking out the does and letting the bucks grow. Shot 13 does and 2 bucks last year out of there, and the body sizes over there have increased 10 fold in just one season. We have already taken out 3 does and 2 bucks including that one i shot, the other buck was young, but it was my buddys who just started huntings first buck, so he got a pass...lol we were proud of him, but now he has seen the full potential of letting the little ones pass.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Sweet place to get that much land in Fairfax. I hunt in Clifton and have ten acres (two 5 acre tracts). I have seen some nice bucks in there but never had a shot opportunity. I did take a decent 8 pointer this year earlier in the bow season though. Good luck the rest of the season.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! Very nice man!