HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Citrus county Florida (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/299471-citrus-county-florida.html)

DeadOnArrival 08-02-2009 11:58 AM

Citrus county Florida

I Just moved to citrus county 2 weeks ago and I was wondering If anybody knows anybody that around here that has private property available to hunt on. I am willing to work or pay my way. I really have nowhere to hunt unless I hunt Citrus Management area which I'd rather not. Mabey even some Ideas of clubs or leases nearby?

CamoCop 08-02-2009 04:07 PM

Citrus WMA is not a bad area to hunt. they get nice deer out of there every year. the only draw back is that it is a quota draw hunt.

Centaur 1 08-02-2009 06:44 PM

Citrus has over 49,000 acres, there must be some way to get away from other hunters. Goethe is nearby also, it has 48,000 acres, and Gulf Hammock has almost 25,000 acres. Check the myfwc.com website.

I AM THE WOODS 08-05-2009 07:26 PM

I would suggest to check out Citrus WMA, I've hunted archery hunts there twice, i actually got a 4 pt. the first time, i shot him while walkin he was bedded down with two does, the deer in there when spooked dont run hard, i drew up and seen the first two were does, then the buck actually ran towards me, released when he turned broadside at about 20 yds. was no match for my pse with 75lbs. of release...lol. that was 4 years back and still my only buck off a bow, go figure...thats what i love about huntin never know whats gona happen until it does...but citrus definitely has big buck potential and also has pretty cool caves u can check out in your free time. GIVE IT A TRY!

Capt. Billy 08-10-2009 06:49 PM

I have alot of private ground if you like hunting hogs and your a bow hunter.

Email me if you'd like

Billy
[email protected]
www.dsooutdoors.com

Todd Mcduffie 08-20-2009 05:58 PM

i am a bow hunter in s florida broward county

Originally Posted by Capt. Billy (Post 3404790)
I have alot of private ground if you like hunting hogs and your a bow hunter.

Email me if you'd like

Billy
[email protected]
www.dsooutdoors.com

i would love to hunt on your land. please let me now.todd at [email protected] or 954-274-0686:hail::wave:

usmcman001 08-24-2009 11:56 AM

Capt. Billy where do you have land at? I am in Pinellas county and I am always looking for places to hunt some hops. I have a brother who was in a motorcycle accident two years ago and My dad and I have been trying to find some opportunities for him to hunt out of his wheelchair. He bought a crossbow and has been practicing up with that. Let me know what land you have and what you would charge to hunt some rooters. Thanks sir:patriot:

Rebel Hog 08-25-2009 05:55 PM

Plenty Dear in Citrus WMA