Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Fort Belvoir OR Fort A.P Hill ? >

Fort Belvoir OR Fort A.P Hill ?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Fort Belvoir OR Fort A.P Hill ?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fort Belvoir OR Fort A.P Hill ?

I was curious to know which is a better all around place to hunt I hunted Fort Belvoir once back in 2003 but really didnt get chance to know the base and see any deer but I no they have a nice QDM program there and I love to bow hunt ...But I have heard alot of good things about Fort AP Hill Hunting also and I have seen several nice bucks off the base aswell plus I heard they let you hunt in the ( Live Ammo ) areas which Quantico does not you just have to sit through a little video . I'm a die hard Quantico hunter but there is alot BS on Quantico these days and Hunting is Becoming difficult on base and wanted to expand my area and really put time in either Fort Belvoir or Fort AP Hill If it's worth it ????

Let Me Know ASAP
Old 06-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fort Belvoir OR Fort A.P Hill ?

FORT A.P. HILL...

When I was stationed in Fort Myers VA...I did tactics in both..I hunted and fished at FortAP Hill..It's awesome but I havne't hunted there since 1980[8D]EXTREMELY GOOD..
Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fort Belvoir OR Fort A.P Hill ?

Well Belvoir is bowhunting, AP HILL you can use gun, bow and Muzzleloader. However Belvoir is a good spot. Both spots are good. Belvior i know has a bowhunting club of sorts called Belvoir bowhunters, you have to past a shooting test to hunt there, its easy though. both are good, i know my dad used to get deer all the time at AP HILL.