Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 central florida public land >

central florida public land

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

central florida public land

Old 05-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Default central florida public land

i am new to hunting public land in central florida, i want to apply for a couple places but i am not sure if they are good spots or not. Here they are:
1. tosahatchee
2. seminole ranch
3. Bull Creek
4. three lakes
thanks for the advice.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:11 PM

Default RE: central florida public land

Come on i know someone has to hunt atleast one of these places.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry Partner ,
I only hunt the Green Swamp..I've been through 3 rivers but with the price of gas..I've decided to devout myself in learning the Green Swamp..It's the closest placeto me. The place is excellent if your willing to walk deep..Honestly...some days I walked 3 miles deep..But when your that far in ..it's like having your own private land.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:16 PM

The only thing is, green swamp is really far away from me.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I hear 3 RIvers is very good but they all need serious scouting ...It's supposed to be better than the Green Swamp.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: central Florida public land

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

i am new to hunting public land in central Florida, i want to apply for a couple places but i am not sure if they are good spots or not. Here they are:

4. three lakes
I have taken Hogs at Three Lakes from the Williams Rd Entrance off of 441 10 miles north of Kenansville. All the way West under the FLTurn Pike.....
Old 05-07-2008, 07:39 PM

^ thanks rebel, Chuck 7, where is 3 rivers? or did you mean 3 lakes.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Threee Lakes..sorry. [&:]I was only up there once.I'm a birder as well and the vice president of Audubon drove me there to help me add some birds to my Bird Lifelist..I was able to get the Bachman's Sparrow.and the Whooping Cranes.

I was hoping for the Red Cockaded Woodpecker, Grasshopper Spearrow ,Snail kite and a Crested Caracara...but they did not cooperate.As we drove through Three Lakes though a big 8 point buck ran across the trail in front of us.I also saw a few turkeys. Getting there is a pain for me..You have to drive completely south thriugh Polk County on highway 60 across the Kissemme River..then at Yeehaw junction you drive north on 471 about 15 miles as Rebel pointed out. When I was there some of the roads were grass and wet..my vehicle doesn't like wet grassy roads. You can also get there another way..by St. Cloud from the Disney area.It's a good 60 miles from my house..and there are no shortcuts..

It takes a long time to really do a WMA justice..with the gas prices I'm just hunting the Green Swamp.It's only 26 miles away and there is game there..the place is tough because of the pressure, deer are mostly nocturnal and they go DEEP and THICK for shelter...
but it's making a better hunter out of me. I plan to have 2 different wheel barrows hidden and locked up out there..my spots are very far off the road. I mostly try and hunt during the week days to advoid the crowds.

Here's a Crested Caracara

Old 05-08-2008, 06:20 AM

^ that is cool what you do, and what kind of "vehicle" do you have that dosnt like wet grassy roads
Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Dominant Buck

2 wheel drive Explorer Sport..Most of the people I''ve talked to would rather hunt 3 Lakes than any of the other local WMA..

Quick Reply: central florida public land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.