Attn fl hunters >

Attn fl hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Attn fl hunters

Old 11-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Attn fl hunters

Is everyone that hunts in Florida, whether public land or private land, are you satisfied with your hunting season dates? After 4 years of hunting Zone C, I've had enough. I have been talking to FWC and sending evidence of why the season dates need to change. First of all, the prime rut occurs end of August and will trickle a few days into September. This is a huge problem. With a doe tag, my brother harvested a doe first weekend of black powder and we ended up seeing a tiny baby fetus in her! I'm tired of it. I don't understand why this even happens. We should be able to have all phases of the season. The season needs to move to August 1st- December 31st. The rut is what we want to hunt. I'm not sure about anyone else but seeing nice mature bucks during shooting light would be nice. I don't know if I need a petition to start up or what but if anyone is unsatisfied you should give them a call. Here's a couple pictures I sent to FWC. Again this rant is for zone C. Something has to be done. The still hunters suffer big time. The dog hunters probably do not care because they just listen to dogs all day. This is why deer numbers are not great. Hunters are shooting does that are bred. But there's nothing we can do because the season starts late.
Attached Thumbnails Attn fl hunters-img_0013-2.jpg   Attn fl hunters-img9523291.jpg  
Old 11-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Where in C do u primarily hunt
Old 11-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

St. Augustine for myself. Duval, Clay, Saint Johns, Nassau Counties, and even some southern Georgia counties experience the same thing.

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 11-05-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
St. Augustine for myself. Duval, Clay, Saint Johns, Nassau Counties, and even some southern Georgia counties experience the same thing.
Damn never heard of a rut that early except for south fla. Im over near Levy County and the rut is mid sept and in hernando county its right now.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I'm surprised it is at this time for you. Does the weather actually get more cooler than northeast Florida? All the bucks here have been losing their weight and the dark tarsal glands are pretty much gone. Post rut is kicking in. If we don't get good cold fronts the older deer stay hidden pretty well. Does and young bucks will still move, but this hunting is tough. Can't really call, use scents. Can only move stands so close to bedding areas. Hunting is tough enough, even tougher when the hunter can't even start hunting until the best part of deer season is over.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

A buck mounting a doe is pretty substantial evidence. Then seeing what was a pregnant doe having a tiny fetus 2 months later is also a good confirmation.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
I'm surprised it is at this time for you. Does the weather actually get more cooler than northeast Florida? All the bucks here have been losing their weight and the dark tarsal glands are pretty much gone. Post rut is kicking in. If we don't get good cold fronts the older deer stay hidden pretty well. Does and young bucks will still move, but this hunting is tough. Can't really call, use scents. Can only move stands so close to bedding areas. Hunting is tough enough, even tougher when the hunter can't even start hunting until the best part of deer season is over.
No its not any cooler than where you hunt. Maybe fwc should look into making a separate zone for northeast fla? That way they could tweak the season dates to be earlier
Old 11-10-2016, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe. I haven't heard anything back since I sent the email a couple weeks ago. One person trying to change something like this will not happen.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Damn never heard of a rut that early except for south fla. Im over near Levy County and the rut is mid sept and in hernando county its right now.
I hunted c-3 the last week of Nov / first week Dec. I saw a buck dogging does and shot 6pt that had dark stinking hocks. This was the western end of Levy County. This is in the middle of general gun.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MaineRida
I hunted c-3 the last week of Nov / first week Dec. I saw a buck dogging does and shot 6pt that had dark stinking hocks. This was the western end of Levy County. This is in the middle of general gun.
Congrats on ur buck! On a management hunt or private?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.