Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Hunting partners? >

Hunting partners?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting partners?

Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Hunting partners?

Wanted: Hunting Partner
Criteria: 18-25, hunting license, national forest permit, firearm.

Details:
So basically I have these great spots and noone to hunt with. It's not that I want the company, even if i do, but its just not safe walking miles into the forest alone. I'm looking for someone to come hunt on weekends and sometimes during the week.
It's still early bow in the shanendoah and there are monster bucks running does looking for the first hot one. I hunt bow through muzzleloader but have no problem with black powder hunters. I hunt the full rifle season every year. For late Bow season it would be nice to have a partner to jump bucks out of thier post rut hidie holes.
If your in the wash. d.c. metro area let me know if you want to hunt!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hunting partners?

Hey...how about a healthy Christian 53 year old..I still play a mean game of tennis..and I'm presently hiking a good 2 miles in the swamp to my stand...in a gator filled ..moccassin slithery Florida swamp.[]

How far are you from central Florida? Never mind.[8D].I just read it..D.C. I lived in Alexandria VA for a while ..Your a long way away
Old 10-29-2007, 05:03 PM

haha, yeah that would be quite a drive for either of us, thanks for the reply though.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey partner,
When I lived there ...I hunted Fort AP Hill..That is an awesome place..It's about 70 miles south of D.C. close tp I -95

Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Thanks for pointing me towards ap hill, looks like a great establishment. Do they still do live rounds on the range? What was your favorite site?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Dominant Buck

"Thanks for pointing me towards ap hill, looks like a great establishment. Do they still do live rounds on the range? What was your favorite site?" 4x4

Tough question...I only hunted there once and fished there as well..Here was my experience..

The fishing was outstanding...I lost count of the bass and pickeral I caught. During my one hunting expereince I saw over 50 turkeys. I worked in Alexandyria as a maintenance manat a 16 story complex called Southern Towers. There were 5 buildings like that .Roy was the engineer ...and part time hunting guide.to the handicapped. Roy James is..probably dead by now. He simply told me to scout and hunt area 33 I beleive. He told me of a stand nearby. I climbed the stand but it was rotten..It gave way and a nail ripped my side wide open..I was ticked ..I raked some leaves away by the base of a tree. I was using a shotgun. Right at daybreak I heard another hunter slam a truck door. I then heard heavy walking ..I looked to my right and WOW!!! I saw the biggest buck ever..Well over 200 pounds. This was my first and last time I had buck fever. When I got back home..Roy had harvested 5 deer. I had simply watched that buck with my mouth open...walk on by.

Soon later, I had moved to Florida to go to Bible college..but if I lived back there...I would diffently be hunting Fort A.P Hill. It's only being used once in a while by the national guard. The bombing range area is gated closed...There's also a nice diner close by.

When driving through the area..you always see turkey and deer anytime of the year.

Good luck
Old 11-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

I havent hunted AP Hill in years, but I can tell you they have a ton of deer in there.
Supposedly every year they are shooting bigger bucks due to better management.
Now that I think about it I may try to go this year.