Florida Buck Signs? >

Florida Buck Signs?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Buck Signs?

Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Florida Buck Signs?

has anyone seen any scrapes or rubs in their huntingarea's? i heard they are starting to scrape in Lake George/Dexter Mary FarmsUnit.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida Buck Signs?

I only the Green Swamp..it's 30 miles away so I've only been there once this summer..of course in Aug. I saw no rubs or scrapes..
I saw a few tracks and hog sings...I found a nice water hole though and some large oak trees
Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 PM

I've been to two central WMAsas recent as yesterdayand have seen no scapes or rubs yet. Going back out tommorrow to check a different spot. Will keep you posted.

Chuck, can you get in Green Swamp in the summer? I thought is was closed till the day before the season. Walk in?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, can you get in Green Swamp in the summer? I thought is was closed till the day before the season. Walk in?

yes sir..i park outside of the gate on the Rockridge Gate side. The Green Swamp is open for birders / hikers .Once parked..I ride my bycycle. It's ok to do that. There is an opening to the left of the first gate for bikers to go through. On th e2nd gate the opening is on the right hand side. Florida is the 3rd biggest birding state in the USA . The Green Swamp is a great place to bird..From now till early October the warblers are migrating.
Chuck7
Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

has anyone seen any scrapes or rubs in their huntingarea's? i heard they are starting to scrape in Lake George/Dexter Mary FarmsUnit.
Man, they are all over my place here in Lutz!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have seen scrapes galore, a few rubs, and i have some nice hard horns on my cam pics.....and even a bear, woohoooo.....sucked, had to go get one off the beachline the other day , dead, 300 lb. boar.......but then i got at least 2 more, so i'm happy bout that.....we dont have bears , once a year you'll see tracks,but never the bear, well i got the bear and the other one too, lol......

Old 08-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You better start looking, I have some bucks on camera without velvet in north Florida. Haven't seen any scrapes, just rubs so far.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Dominant Buck

With all that talk I may head out to the Green Swamp and check ..my only problem..my archery place is 12 miles from the gate round trip.

I wish the gate was open.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

all the bucks on my game cam are still in velvet. i'll be heading out again this weekend to check for more sign. as soon as they start scrape'n, it'll be time to move my cam off the trail and over a scrape.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will see if I can get a hold of my friend's pics and post them, he has a 9 or 10 pt and a spike with hard horns. The other bucks he has on camera are still in velvet. A majority of my bucks will be in velvet for another week or so.I live in Taylor County Florida BTW

Quick Reply: Florida Buck Signs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.