Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Big Eastern Shore Buck Question? >

Big Eastern Shore Buck Question?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Big Eastern Shore Buck Question?

Old 11-11-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Big Eastern Shore Buck Question?

What sage of the Rut are we in right now Nov. 11???

i have been hunting a marsh area off a large farm on the eastern shore this past thursday & friday. i am completely new at deer hunting & have a few questions. it seems the rut is on over there & i have been watching a very large 10 point buck both days. he seems to be moving back & forth from a certain cut over about 300-400 yards away from me. its not possible for me to get closer to where ive seen him. (i have seen does in the area but never does & the buck at the same time)
Is there anything i should be doing to call him in??? Grunt calls or buck bomb etc etc etc??? i have no clue how to use a grunt caller...is it easy to use or can you really hurt yourself if you dont know what your doing???
Last, i had to settle for my first deer thursday afternoon late. fat 3 pointer....probably was pushin 140lbs. will this kill afect the 10 pointer from coming around my area....i did see him the very next day..but again..he was far off???

Thanks & any advice will be appreciated!!!!!!

Berkedfish

on another note: yesterday i saw a really huge buck crossing a large field adjacent to this farm & where i have seen the 10 pointer. So i know theres others in the area. this was a very thick super fat 8 pointer and he was crossing the field at 1:15pm in 70 degree weather. he looked like a dairy cow! lots goin on right now.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Eastern Shore Buck Question?

move your stand closer to him about 200 yards away if possible you will get him if he continues to croos at the same distance and no the three pointer will not affect his movements
Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Default RE: Big Eastern Shore Buck Question?

cant get any closer...lookin for another way to bring him in?? behing me is some marsh woods & then a field full of winter wheat.......trying to get him to cross a little section of marsh.