Crossbows in Virginia??? >

Crossbows in Virginia???

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Crossbows in Virginia???

Old 08-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Crossbows in Virginia???

oh and by the way.. inquiring minds would like to know... what happened to all the land you had and the club you were starting up... you just fell off the face of the earth and didnt let anyone know what was happening??
Old 08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Can I give Two Cents?, Yes thank you..lol

I’m trying to figure out why so many people are against X-bows being utilized to harvest an animal in the state.

For those who may have the ostentatious belief that if one chooses such a method are deemed lazy etc., guns are allowed so what makes that right? I prefer using compound bow first; it’s a challenge and rewarding to me when I‘m able to harvest at close quarters.

Back to X-Bows, if the state mandates such law so be it! It appears there’s polemic debate for no reason of this matter. I look at it as another way (tool) for any man or woman to harvest and control population such animals as the White tailed Deer.

There'sargument about those who use dogs, but the state allows such in those counties. If it’s not your choice of weapon, why must we give another hunter (sportsman) a lashing for his or her choice?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Oh that's Right ENG!

Whatever happen to this club, if I recall he jumped in head first..lolnot to question one's Integrity
Old 08-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, what Eng said.... What happend with all the stuff with the land and the VA Hunting Club? It just fizzled out somehow, didn't it?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Hey Virginia Head Hunter, cross bows are not going to increase night poaching, hell they have been using them for years around here. I have given up compounds and gone to trad. yet still hunt with an inline and modern firearms, (even though this year i'm thinking my Ruger Redhawk only). To each his own, and if you are worried about crossbows and self inflicted injuries, well i'm a big fan of Darwinism
Old 08-05-2005, 10:48 AM

ok sorry for the delayed response. but i was stating the september to march seasons for the certain areas in va not for fauqier. as far as the hunt club, i ran into problems with insurance issues with the land owners. and with the fact that i did not want to sign a contract accepting full liability which is what the land owners wanted. if i was doing it for a profit making business then i would take the risk but i wasnt making anything on it so the risk out weighed the rewards if that makes any sence. now as far as the crossbow and night hunting goes, i have takled to quite a few individuals in the area who are game wardens,and police and they all expect the same thing this year, and that is an increase in poaching due to the new law. and yes i have shot crossbows and personally i dont like them. but im not going to take the side of those that say its a lazy way to bow hunt etc. because the compound bow and all the advances in the compound bow makes it just as easy versus traditional methods. my dislike for crossbows is just that i dnt like them. i also think that too many people buying them now are going to buy the cheapest ones they can just to hunt with them and they can be very dangerous to the operator. i know guys that have lost fingers and such. but from what im hearing from the wardens i know and others is that this law was passed to see what it does for the state and it will be reversed if it doesnt produce excellent results as far as deer population control or revenues to the state. so in other words if they dont see alot of money it will go off the books just as easy as it went on so dont get too attached to that new crossbow.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:56 AM

oh yea and yes the farm i lease is in fauqier. heres one of the management bucks from last year.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

i also think that too many people buying them now are going to buy the cheapest ones they can just to hunt with them and they can be very dangerous to the operator.

hmmm- i spent $900 on my 10 point. cheapest--i dont think so

oh--nice deer
Old 08-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Va... I have an insurance company that will insure any type of hunting and from 1 erson to as many as you wish to include on the club membership list and at a very low cost/// There are alot of clubs that this company insures so tey are not a fly by night company. They are actually based in Va.. if you would like some help with the insurance then let me know.... if you still have my number give me a shout... if not email me I will get it to you.. I had yours but it is the old one I cant find the new one

[email protected]

Justin
Old 08-06-2005, 02:51 AM

i was talking about the 200 dollar bows. not the 900 dollar bows

Quick Reply: Crossbows in Virginia???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.