Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Bought an electronic predator calling system tonite >

Bought an electronic predator calling system tonite

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bought an electronic predator calling system tonite

Old 01-06-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Bought an electronic predator calling system tonite

My dad had to make a run to cabelas tonight so i tagged along. He said he'd pay for whatever i wanted to buy as i get paid tommorrow for working over xmas break. Bought a Cabelas Electronic Game caller made by western rivers. its a tape caller. bought 5 tapes- coyote locater, high pitched cottontail in distress, canine pup in distress, fawn in distress, and distressed housecat. it came with a carrying bag, 25 watt speaker with 25 foot cord, and the caller. charger too. charging right now, so i havent got to use it. im going out for sure tommorrow nite with either a friend or by myself. hope to get one. havent decided if im going to use te .22-250 or try out the .223. decisions decisions

slayer
Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bought an electronic predator calling system tonite

Man, you didn't waste any time, going into this coyote hunting head first. Can't wait to see some success pictures. All I got to say, is be ready. In other words, a coyote can show up very quickly after you start calling, so BE READY as soon as you start calling, and stay ready. They may show up at 30 seconds, but it may also take them 15 or 20 minutes to come.
Good Luck!!! Calling them in is the easy part, killing them is the hard part!!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:30 PM

Boy is that the under statement of the world......Be Ready. Took my grandson calling recently. Have did a couple of setup and was on the last set up and thought I'd kick back and catch a few rays. so I let my grandson run the caller. He must have hit every call on the thing within a two minute stretch. Out of no where this coyote jumps up on this old stump about twenty yards out and just stares. He caught us and was gone before a shot could be fired. I really fired up the little ones juices....I wonder if I will get out alone again...........enjoy!

"My Best Hunt Is Always My Next!"
Old 01-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good system. Let us know how it works. I just ordered the Sceery "soft bite" mouth calls from Cabela's but havent gotten them yet. I wanted to try mouth calls before going to the electronic calls.

You are lucky that you live close enough to a Cabela's to go pick up what you want. I have to order everything. I guess it might be a good thing im not too close, my wife would end up throwing me out of the house!

MIKE
Old 01-07-2005, 09:51 AM

Good luck, let me know how you do.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck ,as HOWLER said be ready It may be best to start out with a shot gun unless you are in good open contary. I found it best to put up my left nee put my hand on it and gun. set very still yotes are better than deer in my opinion at detecting any movment and are very good at using any low spot there is to get away.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:05 PM

I have to back up the thought that sometimes they come in quick and quiet. I haven't had much luck the last couple years. Actually we've had zero success. I was a good caller a few years ago but seem to have lost my touch. My two boys that generally go with me were very discouraged this morning. The oldest chose to stay in the truck but the 13 yr old finally decided to go with me. We were in semi open timber so I told him they could show up quick. I turned the electronic caller on and waited. Five minutes into the song I catch movement from my right and there were three yotes coming hard and fast. I whispered to my boy "get ready here they come." His eyes got big as two of them came in view. He shot the lead one with 20 guage and I missed the butt ends of the two remaining but that was all right. My boys finally understand why I enjoy doing this. I didn't have to ask the oldest if he wanted to try the next set.

shot high