Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Mountain Lion/Big Cat Shot with Thermal in East Texas... >

Mountain Lion/Big Cat Shot with Thermal in East Texas...

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Mountain Lion/Big Cat Shot with Thermal in East Texas...

Old 09-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Spike

Default Mountain Lion/Big Cat Shot with Thermal in East Texas...

I wanted to share this video with my friends here in this forum. I post alot of hog hunting videos and a few days ago I had either a Mountain Lion, Cougar, or some type of Panther show up during one of my late night hog hunts. This has been a little secret of mine that I haven't shared with many people, mostly because I didn't want people around here in East Texas to think I was crazy, but I've had a Mountain Lion/Big Cat either living or hunting 100 yards from my front door for the past 8 months. In the past he's always eluded the opportunity for me to take a clean shot...until he showed up for the last time during the middle of hog hunt. From the video you'll see him amazingly jump 7 or 8 feet in the air after taking a shot to the front right shoulder. Be careful out in those fields chasing hogs guys, you never know what you might run into..

Old 09-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Spike

The grass that he was laying behind, I measured is two feet tall. Laying down with his head up he was several inches taller than that very tall grass. He was big, definitely wasn't a feral house cat, haha!. On thermal, it's really hard to see his size because he is directly facing me. It isn't until he jumps that you get to see how long he really is. But, before I flipped the camera on, I saw him walk over before laying down and I knew it was that Big Cat. Now it might be a panther or cougar, not really sure. I was just sad that I didn't get to recover him...
Old 09-18-2017, 04:57 PM
Spike

I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since. My biggest fear is my neighbor Paul finding it dead somewhere on his property and taking credit for shooting it, haha!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

The duplicate topic in the hog forum was deleted. Please review the rules and post appropriately.