Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Fun Encounter with Baby Raccoon

Old 07-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
My wife raised two litters of baby skunks in our basement. There was never a spraying incident. When it was time to feed them she would take them out of the box and put them down at a bowl of cat food. When they were old enough I would take them out and stuff them down a groundhog hole. One day I was stuffing baby skunks down a hole and they were coming out as fast as I was stuffing them in. While this was going on, I hears a Pssst hey buddy, I looked up to see a man hiding behind a tree and he said you are crazy as H*ll.

John I knew that without that skunk story, LOL! Just kidding of course!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Southern California, along the coast, it rarely freezes. They have gas fired water heaters outside, they kind of look like a small outhouse along an outside wall of a house. Door in front, air hole near the bottom, air hole near the top.

I was over at a buddies house, leaning against the water heater door talking and drinking Beer out in the back yard. Something reaches out the top hole and grabs my ears from behind. I made like a Kangaroo and jumped a 5-6 feet, maybe three times. That Coon was hanging half out of that hole laughing at me. That hole was maybe 5 inches in diameter and this was a 20 pound Coon. I have no idea how that Coon got through that hole.

He hung around my buddies house for years. His favorite pastime was opening overhead telephone junction boxes and disconnecting all the wires and trashing garages. All the neighbors knew never to leave a car window rolled down or he'd use the car as a Cat box.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

here is a FAT coon working its way INTO a small hole for you there LOL

Old 07-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

I've had the great fortune of being able to help raise a litter of abandoned raccoons (my family knows a wildlife rehabilitator). They were one of the most interesting animals I've ever taken care of. Mischievous little things, always wanting to climb up my jeans.

Did you know raccoons go crazy over Skittles? They absolutely love them.