Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

2015-2016 Predator Contest

Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Nomercy, thanks for the tips. I'll add badgers, and raise bobcats. I simply copy and pasted these rules from a previous years contest. My first thought was "bobcats should be worth more.." so I'll make that change. Thanks.

What does everyone think about a sign with a cacthphrase? This would be a simple idea. Anyone object? and if we like it, whats should the catchphrase be?

Thanks for the patience folks. This was a last second idea, it's my first time running this contest, and first year since 2011(I think) that huntingnet has had a predator contest. So it's a work in progress.

-Jake
Old 11-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Nomercy, thanks for the tips. I'll add badgers, and raise bobcats. I simply copy and pasted these rules from a previous years contest. My first thought was "bobcats should be worth more.." so I'll make that change. Thanks.

What does everyone think about a sign with a cacthphrase? This would be a simple idea. Anyone object? and if we like it, whats should the catchphrase be?

Thanks for the patience folks. This was a last second idea, it's my first time running this contest, and first year since 2011(I think) that huntingnet has had a predator contest. So it's a work in progress.

-Jake
I agree with NoMercy by adding something in the picture so we know it is pertaining to this contest. Whether it is a piece of paper that says 2015-2016 contest or any phrase.
Oh might want to add bear in the same section as Mountain Lion. Granted I don't know if there are any seasons open right now.
This should be fun

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 11-28-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Spike

I'm fine with that and I agree this is gonna be fun
Old 11-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Rules updated for paper saying "15-16" bear added.
-Jake
Old 11-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Rules updated for paper saying "15-16" bear added.
-Jake
As long as it is in the picture that is fine correct? Because I am just going to tape mine on the side of my butt stock. Just want to clarify my first time in one of these contest.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Ya that's good. As long as we can read it
-Jake
Old 11-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Spike

I have a few questions I do most my predator hunting at night is it okay to wait till day light to take the pictures? And my next one is let's say I get 7 coyotes 5 raccoons 3 foxes and a couple of opossums in one day can I take a picture of all of them at once with the guns I use or does it have to be one picture for each animal killed?
Old 11-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

As long as the picture is clear whats there.So if it's a pile and I can't count whats there that's no good. But as long as it's clear in the picture and the "15-16" sign is there it's good.
-Jake
Old 11-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Spike

Ok thank you and they won't be piled up I like keeping everything organized lol
Old 11-29-2015, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

What else should be added to the list? PA has a Fisher season, you cant take 1 per year. What would a good score be for that? Any other animals that should be added?
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.