Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Last week's kills.....

Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default Last week's kills.....

Not sure if there's a photo thread or not, I couldn't find one. Here are a couple I knocked off a few days ago. The first was standing 40 FEET from my front door when I stepped out on the porch last Sunday. I keep a .22 magnum over the front door, which I quickly retrieved and put a hollow point in her lungs. She ran about 100 yards before expiring. The second was killed two days before while deer hunting. A .270 caliber 140 grain BTSP put him down instantly.
Attached Thumbnails Last week's kills.....-img_0418.jpg   Last week's kills.....-img_0413.jpg  

Last edited by born2climb; 01-02-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

not bad.I dissaprove of shooting a large animal like a coyote with a 22,but seeing how the circumstance called for it thats good enough
Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mortalcare
not bad.I dissaprove of shooting a large animal like a coyote with a 22,but seeing how the circumstance called for it thats good enough
I would never go hunting a coyote with a .22 magnum, but it was at hand. Actually, the .22 mag rendered a quick, humane kill, but as it was put in the lungs, she ran a bit. I have read/heard of as well as seen on video a number of folks koll coyotes with a .22 magnum, but I prefer more stopping power. They're great as far as pelt damage, as they seldom go through.....but it makes for tough blood-trailing at times.