Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Looking to buy a predator hunting rifle >

Looking to buy a predator hunting rifle

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Looking to buy a predator hunting rifle

Old 08-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Spike

Default Looking to buy a predator hunting rifle

Hey i'm looking for a 223., 556, c8, ar,
bolt or semi To hunt coyote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

Are you asking for someone to sell you one? Check out the classifieds.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are some real nice AR type guns available these days but they're on the heavy side if you'll be doing much walking.I use the CZ 527 American in .223.Just got it near the end of last winter so I only had about a week of coyote season left.No luck but it wasn't the guns fault.It's a great shooter right out of the box even with low cost ammo.With the reloads it's a tack driver.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Spike

I would definately recommend the AR in a .223. I use a Panter AR-15 for varmit hunting and it shoots great.

Good Luck!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Spike

The remmy mini 14 ranger does a good job.. Kinda expensive at 650.00 ish but well worth it.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Spike

I am also shopping for a pedator rifle and would appreciate any informed recommendations as to which of the many AR rifles in .223 caliber is the best value. None of them is cheap but some are much more expensive than others. What do you get with a $1800 AR that a $1000-$1200 one doesn't have? I just want something of good quality, dependable, accurate. So far I have been looking at Bushmaster and the Remington R-15. Thanks.