Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Homemade Blinds

Old 11-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Spike

Default Homemade Blinds

I am interested in making a homemade predator/coyote hunting blind. I need some help and ideas on how to make one and one that is safe and portable. If anyone could helpp id really enjoy youhelping me. Maybe even if you guys have pics too that would help. If you have instructions on how to make one could you please PM me asap on how to make one. Or just reply one here. Thanks for all your help.

Fishingguy23
Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Homemade Blinds

you could use some light weight fence wire with 2x4"mesh and put natural vegetation thru the mesh and cut out a shooting hole or two.I have saw these made to look like a roll of hay and they look very real except for the fact that they weigh about a thousand pounds less.If you have a tree stand you can get old wiley to come right to the tree you are in sometimes just dont call after you see him and he wont look up unless you move to much.I missed one last year and he didn't know what was up I lip squeaked and he stood there barking and growling at me as I put another arrow in my recurve and sent him to the happy hunting grounds in the sky,this would have never happened on the ground he would have probably never let me get my bow drawn and surely wouldn't let me shoot him with a second shot,the only other second shots you get on a coyote is at full speed heading away and way to far for a bow 99% of the time.GOOD LUCK and enjoy the hunting,killing is just a bonus,the outdoors is the real enjoyment and dont get discouraged,coyotes dont come to the call everytime you start blowing a tune,especially in the east.We are not blessed with huge numbers of coyotes and they are hard to see before they see you moving around or sitting in the woods watching you walk in and you never know they were ever there.Hang in there and it will happen.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Homemade Blinds

FISHINGGUY23, HERE IS A BLIND THAT I HAVE USED FOR A LONG TIME AND IT DOES NOT COST MUCH. YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO MAKE IT. 2 SLAPPING TREES CUT SMALL THIN ONE TO KEEP WEIGHT DOWN, THEY SHOULD BE ABOUT 4 FOOT LONG. 1 SMALL BUNGY CORD BLACK OR CAMO. 1 BURLAP PACK OF BURLAP CAMO MATERIAL. 4 ZIP TIES.
TAKE THE SMALL TREES AND MAKE A X NEAR THE TOP OF THEM ADJUST IT SO YOU CAN SPREAD IT OUT AND MAKE A GUN REST ALSO. WRAP THE BUNGY CORD TIGHT AROUND THE X LOCATION. NOW TAKE AND CUT HOLES IN THE BURLAP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TREES THAT ZIP TIE THE BURLAP TO THE TREES, GO THE THE TOP WHERE THE X STARTS AND DO THE SAMETHING. WHEN HUNTING JUST SPREAD THE EXTRA BURLAP OUT AROUND YOU. YOU NOW HAVE A BLIND AND GUN REST IN ONE.
GOOD HUNTING.