Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Killing a Squirrel : BB or Pellet Gun? >

Killing a Squirrel : BB or Pellet Gun?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Killing a Squirrel : BB or Pellet Gun?

Old 08-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Spike

Default Killing a Squirrel : BB or Pellet Gun?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by JerichoApo; 04-26-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:03 AM

Default RE: Killing a Squirrel : BB or Pellet Gun?

My personal favorite is a howitzer, followed by naval gunfire........

I have killed many of squirrels with both, very effectively, though Pellets are most likely goingto work better since there are many out there specifically for hunting. Hollow points and such.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:42 AM

ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

My personal favorite is a howitzer, followed by naval gunfire........

I have killed many of squirrels with both, very effectively, though Pellets are most likely goingto work better since there are many out there specifically for hunting. Hollow points and such.
Lol

well by personal experience, the pellet gun would be more accurate, the bb gun will still be accurate but at shorter ranges unless lead bb's (if they exist) are used, this basicly comes down to the rifling on the gun where lead pellets and bb's will becom rifled, steel bb's will not be effected by the rifling on the gun due to their size.

choice is yours man, may i ask if it will be a sping-piston, pump up, or pcp pellet/bb gun?

Old 08-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had some heroic squirrelsgo pretty farafter being shot point blank in the chest with a BB gun. Nothing like having your neighbors watch as a mortally wounded squirrel half runs half crawls across the street bleeding everywhere.

I never thought I'd have to consider something "not enough gun" for a squirrel but I'd go with pellets.

.22 short is what I use now.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer my 12 gauge number 8's or .22 LR. My .270 also works...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:09 AM

A BB gun is more effective against Squirrels. I use to shoot my pellet gun at Squirrels all the time and it just bounced right off them. A BB gun is more powerful, use that.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WolfWithBow

A BB gun is more effective against Squirrels. I use to shoot my pellet gun at Squirrels all the time and it just bounced right off them. A BB gun is more powerful, use that.
It depends on what model of pellet/BB gun you're comparing . I have seen BB guns could easily kill a squirrel,but they're not very effective at long ranges and not very accurate. What is themodel of the pellet gun you own?

For squirrel hunting, I would have tochoose my powerline pellet gun. Fast and accurate.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Oh. Mine was some cheap M-16 model pellet gun. Not that strong. i never owned a powerful pellet gun, and I don't really hunt with my rifle pellet gun, i bowhunt.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfWithBow

What the hell are you talking about?

A pellet beats a BB in every category; accuracy, power, penetration, you name it.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:29 PM

Im sorry, I thought you guys were talking about a damn plastic pellet.

Quick Reply: Killing a Squirrel : BB or Pellet Gun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.