Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Whats a good air rifle scope?

Old 04-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whats a good air rifle scope?

I need a good air rifle scope. Got any suggestions?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:03 PM

Default RE: Whats a good air rifle scope?

that depends....not air rifles are created equally. what is the model of your air rifle? how many fps does it shoot? it is spring powered, co2, or air compressed? answer all of the questions, then i could advise you on which scope is best suited for your air rifle.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:43 PM

mine is a spring powered 1000fps rifle and i use a 34x4 scope on it
Old 04-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its one of those cheap chinese rifles. Its spring powered...... FPS? [&:] I know its powerful enough to kill a rabbit, because I got a bad shot at one at 20 yards with a pointed pellet, and it blew right through the vitals of a rabbit.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:30 PM

ah yes, the chinese air rifle.
most are not equiped to accept a scope. does it have a rail on it to accept scopes?
if so, then a 4x32mm scope will work just fine.
my experience with those type of airguns is the fps is usually around 750. that is enough to kill a rabbit. also, pointed pellets aid in penetration.

is it a .177 or or 22 cal pellet? usually the 22 pellet is a lot slower in fps because it weighs more. it makes up for that by hitting harder.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I know the pointed tips helped it go through the rabbit. I now have wadcutters, havent shot anything with them though. It can accept a scope, Im guessing. It has "slots" on it, where the sights are screwed onto. I guess thats where the scope would tighten down on. Its a 177. and I believe I read somewhere where it was about 750fps.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

spring powered air rifles can do a job on the insides of scope, the quick snap of the spring can jar a scope even worse then the recoil of a 375 H&H. I highly recommend a scope specifically made for a air rifle.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

spring powered air rifles can do a job on the insides of scope, the quick snap of the spring can jar a scope even worse then the recoil of a 375 H&H. I highly recommend a scope specifically made for a air rifle.
Good advice ,
spring pistons can kill nearly any scope that isn't engineered for them .

The air rifle that you have sounds similar to one that I used to have , those grooves you referred to won't hold scope rings for very long . If you stay with air guns for hunting then invest in something better quality like Beeman or Gamo .
Old 04-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Go to Wal-mart and get the Powerline 3-9x32 Ao. It is designed to handle the unique double recoil of a high powered spring-piston air rifle. It'll run you about 30 bucks.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SifuSkyler

Go to Wal-mart and get the Powerline 3-9x32 Ao. It is designed to handle the unique double recoil of a high powered spring-piston air rifle. It'll run you about 30 bucks.
Thank you. Thats the kind of answer I was looking for. Ive been reading up alot on air guns, and scopes, and they're mechanics. I just about bought a 22 scope for this a while back. Thank god, I didnt. I would have ruined it.

Quick Reply: Whats a good air rifle scope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.