Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Elk Moose hybrid, Melk

Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Grizzlies and Polar bears are close enough genetically to cross, as are mule deer and whitetails. Those type of deer, elk, and moose are genetically diverse enough from each other that I'm sure they can not cross breed. The original post's description indicates an elk (maybe with some red deer genetics) with some palmation and perhaps a melanistic phase that gave it a similar look of a moose. As stated, it would be note worthy enough it it were real that we would know. Sounds like possibly some embellished gossip. It is an old thread, but still good for conversation and banter.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Cross breeds

Just throwing this out there on this cross breed section stuff. Growing up in the 60s in rural Idaho as a large farm spread we kept a pretty large flock of Batman chickens and ducks to clean the bugs in the hay and potatoes. We ended up with them crossing with the wild pheasants. Some as they grew up even had the rooster tail and red skin checks. Never did come up with a name for them. Years later I mentioned it to a friend of mine in Taxidermy. He showed me a joke mounted bird with a pheasant head a chucker body and a pheasant tail. I was prettyamazed. I asked him what it was called and he said it's on the sign. Ok, as you know pheasant is a f sound in the ph...ok...the name of the bird was "Another dead Phucker".... Ok, I laughed for days...still chuckle....it's half pheasant half chucker cartridge, it's a Phucker....LOL...
Old 03-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is a big difference between the inter breeding of similar species in the laboratory and naturally in the wild.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about a moose/deer hybrid?

http://www.macroevolution.net/moose-elk-hybrids.html