Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Missouri Public Land >

Missouri Public Land

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri Public Land

Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Missouri Public Land

I was wondering if any northern missourians could give me some info on public land either in northeast or northwest missouri. I am going to deer hunt there a couple trips next year and I want to be successful. I guess im looking for some comparisons in the CA's there. Where do you prefer? Thanks for any help.

ps. Im looking for a quality deer, If you Central guys know of good public land please chime in. THANKS
Old 01-06-2005, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Missouri Public Land

I hunt Deer Ridge for turkey but I don't know if it is any good deer hunting.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:22 PM

Default RE: Missouri Public Land

If you are looking for prime bowhunting on MO state land I would try either Eagle Bluffs CA located in Mcbaine,MO along the MO river. I hunt this area and it is tops for 130+ bucks. It is loaded with deer to. I have 1500 acres that joins it of private land to hunt but find myself hunting Eagle Bluffs more. It is bowhunting only and has always been that way so you can imagine the deer. It is also extensively cropped by local farmers. OR try Grand Pass wildlife area. Both of these areas are primarily known for there waterfowl and sometimes overlooked for there deer hunting. There was a article in this summers MO game and fish magazine talking about this area and they suggested the deer here were so big you might reconsider carrying just a stick and string. If you really want northern deer try Poosey CA its located close to Trenton MO and supposedly the number 2 and possibly no.1 deer in MO was killed there this Sept. by a bowhunter from Florida. GOOD LUCK