Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Dry, Quiet Camo

Old 12-11-2004, 12:11 AM

Default Dry, Quiet Camo

I need some suggestions on some clothing. I want something waterproof, and quiet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I mainly bowhunt and I love fleece for its silence and I saw some waterproof fleece in cabelas, maybe its good stuff. I dont mind payin a little more if its high quality and will last. Just wondering what all you guys wear and approve of. I trust your opinions a lot more than any hunting clothing retailer trying to make a dollar. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dry, Quiet Camo

I've used the insulated Super Slam Dry Plus Fleece from Cabela's for about 8 years and absolutely love it!! Its not bulky, its very quiet and has kept me warm and dry in some nasty weather while onstand. Its been worth every penny my wife spent on it.lol
Old 12-15-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have recently stumbled across a site that sells soft fleece camo... both insulated and uninsulated. The stuff looks good and is reasonably priced. Check it out www.ronyan.com. I think they may be a Canadian firm. I've purchased Cabelas stuff for years, and generally like most of it but alot of their stuff is just too noisy. As far as I'm concerned it's either soft fleece or wool. Another good place is Day One Camo. It's custom order stuff so it's higher priced... but good quality. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of all the brands I have tryed , when it is cold there is no such thing as quiet rain gear IMO
Old 12-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an uninsulated gore-tex suppresscent micro-fleece jacket that keeps you dry, isn't bulky and is very quiet.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:35 AM

I've been using a Browning Pro Series 4 in 1 parka for a year now, and thought it was going to be perfect when I purchased it in terms of quietness, but I've been disappointed and spooked a deer this year when the garment rustled when I was shouldering my muzzleloader.

As other's I'm not convinced there is a perfect garment for rain use that will also be quiet when needed on those hunts where it's real quiet and not raining.

If it's just a lite rain/drizzle I've done pretty good with regular fleece in the past, but do use my Browing or Cabelas Dry Plus when the snow and rain are flying.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

It is the best I've seen, Cabela's name brand cloths is the best I have tried or seen. I've bought Basspro and Cabela's fleece and have been sadly disappointed in Basspro, and it's not waterproof like Cabela's.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:02 PM

well, i finally got a set of revolution fleece in the mail from cabelas. maybe its just me, but this stuff is not as quiet as they make it out to be. i have a remington 3-in-1 parka and i cant really tell a big difference noise-wise between the two. im thinkin about just calling day one camo and ordering a set of the asat fleece for next season and just wear the remington parka shell for heavy rain. I did see in cabelas where they have new packable rain gear out that is also supposed to be quiet, i think its called stillhunter es1 or something, maybe some of you have tried this out. anyways, thanks for all the advice.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:07 PM

got a pair of super slam fleece non insul scent lock cabelas, they are quiet and they are warm, i have microtex paints with 100 grams insul and the super slam is just as warm . scen loc 180.00 non scent loc 140.00 good hunting cloths its worth the ext bucks its like any thing else you get what you pay for.hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

I've had a hard time finding clothes that are waterproof and quite as well.