Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Possible broadhead switch. . . >

Possible broadhead switch. . .

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Possible broadhead switch. . .

Old 01-05-2002, 09:27 AM

Default Possible broadhead switch. . .

I am currently using 100 gr. gold tip gladiators with no problems. However, I have heard some great reports about the Triska SK mechanical broadhead, and was wondering if any of you have heard or have experience with these blades that is either + or -. thanks a ton.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Spike

Default RE: Possible broadhead switch. . .

Buckfever
I used the Triska broadhead this year on a doe. I was 25 yards away and made good shot with my arrow, just behind the right front leg, middle of the chest. I had one of the hardest times in finding a blood trail, had to get on hands and knees. Followed trail for about 100 yards plus this way with only small drops being found. I then found my arrow on that trail and blood trail was then heavy, which led me to the down doe. I feel that the arrow plugged its entrance and thats why there was little blood to follow.
This coming year I am going to change and use Rocket 100 grain steelheads.
I have E-mailed the Triska company in November 2001 in regard to what happened but have not received anything back.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure which Triska head your using. The 125 grain head is a 2 3/4 inch cut and the 100 grain is a 2 1/4 inch cut. Either way if trying to punch through a whitetail you better make sure you have plenty of energy to get the job done. I have never been able to get the 125 grainer through a deer even with a well tuned 70 pound bow turning out over 65 ft. lbs of KE.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Spike

Antler Eater
I was using a Merlin Max 2000 set at 64 pounds draw, shooting a 2413 Easton aluminum XX78 arrow. The Broadhead was 100 grains. I figured that I would not get a passthru due to the broadhead opening internaly but did expect a heavier bloodtrail as their advertisement states.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pointman, my apologies for the wording of my post. I was attempting to address buckfever7 and should have said "I don't know which Triska head your interested in", instead of ..."which Triska head your using."

Nevertheless thanks for your response.

I did personally talk to the gentleman who invented and makes the Triska. He claims he regularly gets pass throughs on deer with the 100 grain head although I have no idea what kind of setup he was using. I have never used the 100 grain head on a deer so your post was highly interesting to me. Any idea what kind of K.E. your getting with your setup?

Edited by - Antler Eater on 01/05/2002 13:46:59
Old 01-05-2002, 07:29 PM

I don't know anything about the Triska SK,but I do know the Gladiators 100 do get the job done.I shot a doe and the gladiator left me a awsome blood trail.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:01 PM

I'm shooting 62 ft. lbs of kenetic energy. The gold tip gladiators are all about penetration. Took 2 doe and a 10 pointer this year with my bow and had pass through and incredible blood trails on all 3. Just heard some comments in a local pro shop about the Triska's - and am considering using them for atliest one hunt next year. Have posed questions to the company and no comments yet. Been about a month. Thanks for the comments, great help.