Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 boar hunting in IL >

boar hunting in IL

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

boar hunting in IL

Old 02-24-2004, 05:52 PM

Default boar hunting in IL

My dad and i are interested in hunting wild pigs/boar anywhere in Illinois. If anyone knows or a good place where we could go i sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

Ben
Old 03-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: boar hunting in IL

Coal Creek Farm inc. Paris, Il. 1-217-275-3516 www.coalcreekfarm.net Bowhunted there last year & will go back again. A friend of mine Bowhunted there also & had a fun time too. Not a large operation but an excellent strain of Russian Boars.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

There is no "boar hunting" in Illinois. There are, however, a few places where people can pay money to shoot fenced-up pigs--some of the pretty tame. [:'(]
Old 03-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well there is no doubt that there are wild boars (pigs) running around (atleast) Southern Illinois, I've seen few. It was my belief that they were pretty much "open season". The last few years a fella has benn at our shotgun check-in station gathering info on them. He is a student at the college who puts the people in the check station there. Animal biology students or what have you. There was talk of a couple being shot and he seemed to be disappointed tsimply that they had been shot and not allowed to multiply rather the fact that they might have been illegally taken.

Bacon is good, eh?

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 03-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

I believe the Shawnee National Forest has a few feral hogs running around and I also understand there is no closed season on them since they are considered an alien species.

I'd like to find a place as well. The Shawnee is too vast to just go down and expect to get on some pigs right away.

Good luck!

LLBUX
Old 03-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

LL,

If you're lookin to hit southern IL and get some pigs right away. NO PROBLEM! I know a couple of honkey tonks that ......................................

LOL

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 03-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wild Hogs in Illinois!!! I've been to Texas to hunt that and most of the locals down there HATE them. They destroy timber and root everywhere. Hopefully they won't get that bad here in Illinois but I wouldn't mind being able to go out and kill one every now and then for a little bacon. The only problem with them is the bigger they get the worse tasting they are.