Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Blowgun hunting legal in PA? >

Blowgun hunting legal in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Blowgun hunting legal in PA?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:03 AM
Spike

Default Blowgun hunting legal in PA?

Is it legal to hunt with a blowgun in PA? There was a section in Title 34 I think it was 2308 (a)(5) that used to say hunting with air, gas or chemical cylinder which was amended late 2016.

Does it now make blowgun hunting legal?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd suggest that you check with state officials that enforce that type of stuff, rather than asking for opinions out on the internet that will probably run the gamut in answers!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

No, it is absolutely not legal to hunt with a blowgun in PA. That change in the law was to allow the use of air rifles for certain small game and fur bearing species. I don't know why anyone would want to do it anyway. In places where the natives hunt with a blowgun they are using poison darts which are illegal in every state that I know of. Animals are not targets to play with because someone on a lark wants to use some new toy.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-22-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
No, it is absolutely not legal to hunt with a blowgun in PA. That change in the law was to allow the use of air rifles for certain small game and furbearing species. I don't know why anyone would want to do it anyway. In places where the natives hunt with a blowgun they are using poison darts which are illegal in every state that I know of. Animals are not targets to play with because someone on a lark wants to use some.
I agree 100%
why would you want to TRY and kill an animal with a blow gun, when so many better tools exist
if your worried about NOISE< odds are your hunting too close to people to start with!, and they do sell archery gear that is as quiet and more potent
Old 07-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's probably the same fascination that has people hunting pigs with spears and knives. Even though smokeless powder was invented a long time ago.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanted to kill a bear with a spear in wv, that's not legal either
RR
Old 07-26-2017, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
It's probably the same fascination that has people hunting pigs with spears and knives. Even though smokeless powder was invented a long time ago.
Not necessarily. If you are hunting hogs with dogs (especially a catch dog), you don't want to take a chance on shooting your dog, especially a dog that is experienced & talented, it is all up-close & personal. You would be amazed how quickly a large hog bleeds out if stuck correctly.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by barnesx.308
it's probably the same fascination that has people hunting pigs with spears and knives. Even though smokeless powder was invented a long time ago.
tru dat...........

Hj