Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2017 Bow Hunting contest???? >

2017 Bow Hunting contest????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2017 Bow Hunting contest????

Old 07-20-2017, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default 2017 Bow Hunting contest????

Would there be enough interest? I know 2015 things fizzled out and last year barely any. What the heck, is there enough interest or should we come up with a new one to have fun with?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

I am interested. I know some don't like contests but I really enjoy the friendly banter. I know the ones that don't like it are always talking about size doesn't matter and that detracts from the respect for the animal and such but what about changing the score system so that maybe to say 50 pts for a buck plus 1 pt for each pt, 20 pts for a doe and only 1 each may be submitted. Could always throw a bonus critter in there like group coyotes, bobcat, second doe or buck into and give an extra 10 points but only can be added once.

Just some ideas. I personally was ok with the way it was but if change brings more folks into it then I'm up for that as well.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why not instead of a contest just have a sticky thread for everyone to post pictures of their animals and BS all they want to about them?! That way nobody has to get involved with scoring and keeping track of stuff and the same thing is accomplished in the long run as having a contest---just a thought! I, and probably some others, would get involved in that compared to a contest.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

I'd be game for a 2017 harvest thread, as Topgun mentioned. If mods see fit to make it a sticky, that would be cool, too.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm game... never got off of the ground last season.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Dominant Buck

There has been a stick for kills. I would like to see some kind of contest. Granted, I don't think we will have 42 teams like year one. Last time we barely got 4 teams. So maybe an individual contest will categories? Biggest kill, most killed, best looking rack, weirdest rack, piebald???
Old 07-30-2017, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

I would be interested.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

If you guys and gals want to have a bow hunting contest have at it. I myself wont participate but will stick your threads for whoever wants to run the contest. Just follow the HNI rules and no bickering and things will go just fine. Its your forum
Old 07-31-2017, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to say,BUT! This site seems to be on life support for any contest. It was fun talking to all your teammates during the year. OH WELL!!!!

HJ
Old 08-01-2017, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Point Hatchet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.