Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington recall >

Remington recall

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington recall

Old 03-17-2017, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Well MFG cost at 8 cents for what 7 million is a lot of money spent and not all of the 7 million rifles have a problem, I have 7.

2 BDL's
Model 7
700 mountain
700 # 1 custom
2 muzzle loaders

All have been readjusted to 1.5 to 2 pounds and nary a lick of trouble and have did all the slam test required to verify the triggers are fine.

Al
Yep, we know all about you and all your rem triggers and one of these days when one goes BOOM when it's not supposed to maybe you'll get the message that you should have gone to aftermarket triggers in them like many are doing!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-17-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-18-2017, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

started back in the seventies, with the model 600 mohawk, some guy had the rifle in his truck loaded, went to pull it out and shot his kid, sued remmy and they settled, established precedence so now every time some clown has an incident they sue remmy. I have alot of 700's, they all have factory triggers except for one, never had one go off without the trigger being pulled.
RR
Old 03-18-2017, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

i also own a 721 remington in 300 H&H mag and didnt know they were included in the recall. ive owned it since the 70"s and never had any problems with it. its not being sent in. its retired now but still shoots like new.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

So the 721 and other older models only get a voucher for $10-12.50? That won't buy a new trigger...
Old 03-19-2017, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have owned all my 700's starting in 1960's thru the 1990's, one Muzzle loader early 2004. Never had a problem and never will.

Not sending any rifle in either, If they wish, Remington can send me new triggers and a shipping box and I will return the removed triggers. But to send the whole rifle for such a simple job NO WAY.

Also like all fire arms I own they are never loaded till in the field ready to hunt. Or at the range in my back yard and never ever pointed any place except a safe direction.

Al
Old 03-19-2017, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

My friend just got his back. They didn't replace the trigger. It just had a certificate stating it wasn't defective.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned all my 700's starting in 1960's thru the 1990's, one Muzzle loader early 2004. Never had a problem and never will.

Not sending any rifle in either, If they wish, Remington can send me new triggers and a shipping box and I will return the removed triggers. But to send the whole rifle for such a simple job NO WAY.

Also like all fire arms I own they are never loaded till in the field ready to hunt. Or at the range in my back yard and never ever pointed any place except a safe direction.

Al
NEVER say NEVER!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Al
Just want to let you know in case you didn't see the information that these triggers malfunction more often when its cold, so something in trigger is contracting. I'm not questioning your decision not to send your guns in.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by EShoreMD
My friend just got his back. They didn't replace the trigger. It just had a certificate stating it wasn't defective.
Can we assume you're talking about the XMark Pro trigger that is under a full recall and not one with the Walker trigger?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-19-2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a quick synopsis of what happens with Rem rifles using the Walker trigger for those just hearing about the court decision last week and that might own one:

The Remington Model 700 bolt-action rifle — and its related firearms, the Model 770, Model 710, Model 600, Model 660, Model 721 and Model 722 — has a history, known and documented by Remington, that it will fire without the trigger being pulled. The Model 700 has a unique trigger system called the “Walker Fire Control.” No other firearm manufacturer in the world has a trigger or fire control system equipped with a “trigger connector.”
For a variety of reasons, Model 700 riles can unintentionally and unexpectedly fire, even when the trigger is not pulled. Such firings can occur when the rifle’s safety is shifted from the “safe” to the “fire” position. Remington calls such events “fires on safety release” or “FSR.” While an FSR is the most common malfunction, rifles may also fire when the bolt is cycled and closed, or “fires on bolt closure” (“FBC”). They may also “fire on bolt opening” (“FBO”) or “jar off” (“JO”) when the rifle is bumped or dropped.
Unintended firings occur when the “trigger connector” fails to engage with the “sear.” The trigger connector is a free-floating part, held to the trigger body only by a spring, designed to return the trigger to a proper position after each cycling of the bolt.
Field debris (grit, sand, dust and dirt), manufacturing burrs or microscopic shavings, corrosion, rust, ice crystals or dried lubricant can all prevent the trigger connector from properly engaging the sear. If so, the rifle is primed to fire unexpectedly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.