Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best 10x42 Binoculars? >

Best 10x42 Binoculars?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best 10x42 Binoculars?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Spike

In my opinion its Vortex Optics Viper HD. Bought last month after reading this review.

Last edited by antGone; 11-27-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Spike

I have a Nikon 7576 Mornarch and I like it very much!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

He has already made his choice and a wise one he got the Swaro EL's. I have read here some of the ststements and really disagre with some. The only Vortex that will come close tothe Swaro's is the Razor HD. Leupold does not make a bino in the price range of the top 3 Swaro Ziess and Leica. Last but not least please do not put the Vortex Diamond Backs in a comparison with the top 3 bino's they are not close.
You made a real good choice Rob and will have years of crystal clear glassing ahead of you.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had the ELs for 2.5 years now. No regrets as they are top notch.

Last fall in Iowa I lost one of the front lens covers. I emailed Swarovski last Sunday night about ordering a replacement. By Monday I had 4 emails from them and a new pair on the way. They arrived Friday and there was no charge. What service!
Old 01-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Spike

Unfortunately in the optics world you do truly get what you pay for. Swarovski is the best. Hands down and has been for years. I have looked through every glass out there and continue to as they come out. Zeiss and Leica are great. Also expensive. Some of the higher end Vortex are good. Those are the popular brands. Try some out first. I would advise going to a big outdoors store but try to get the salesperson to go outside with you. You just can’t get a good feel inside the store.
Also, depending on what size you are looking for and the type of hunting, factor in a good sturdy tripod. It makes all the difference.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:28 AM
Spike

Perhaps you can use a digital binocular from ATN. I bought this binocular a year ago and use it for hunting.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I'm a little late getting in on this, but when I was looking at spotting scopes I ordered 3 from Cabelas to try out. I told them I wanted to compare them and send back whichever ones I didn't want. They had no problem with me doing that. So, ordered a Zeiss, Swarovski, and Leupold Gold Ring. I took them out at different times of the day and in different weather, etc. and evaluated all three. I paid a few bucks in return shipping, but it was well worth it. For what it's worth, I kept the Swarovski. The Zeiss was close, but I didn't like the focusing and both my son and I agreed the Swarovski was just a shade better. The Leupold wasn't even close.

I'm looking at some high end binoculars right now and I plan to do the same thing. I'm going to order 3 or 4 different models and compare them, keep what I feel is the best, and return the others. Comparing optics in a parking lot doesn't give a very good indication of what they'll be like when hunting. You need to look through them at different distances, different times of the day, etc.

I spend a lot of time looking through binoculars and a spotting scope....A LOT OF TIME! For me watching deer, elk, etc. is as much fun (well almost as much fun) as pulling the trigger. For me it's not just a matter of being able to count points and evaluate the size of a critter....it's about the whole hunting experience and top end glass really adds to that for me.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Check out Fujinon binos, I have a pair of 10x50w, they are the clearest binos I ever looked through.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Who makes the best quality 10x42's in terms of image quality (crisp & clear), brightness, eye relief (I wear glasses), and of course price?

These will mainly be used for hunting. From the whitetail tree stand, to turkey hunting, to elk and mule deer in Colorado, and other big game adventures I will use these.

If a $2,000 pair is really twice as good as a $1,000 pair I would consider it. I have friends who have Swarovski and Zeiss and they love them. Just checking to see what is new and worth the money.

Thanks Rob
Hi Rob I'll say you can check out the Vortex Razor HD binoculars, it comes in four configurations namely 10x42. I came across this one in an interesting article and it has some good specs that you maybe want to check out The 10 Best Binoculars For 2019.

It's at a very competitive price range as well!

Many thanks