Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Oklahoma Hog Hunting

Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Oklahoma Hog Hunting

First off I want to say that any info that you can provide would be most helpful. In the past I asked a similar question but I will try to be more specific. Basically a group of ours are going to Oklahoma to hunt hogs on public land the week of March 11th, 2012. For reasons to hard to explain we must stay outside of Lawton at Lake Lawtonka. We have one lease for the week to hunt hogs but not for the whole group. The rest of the crew will hunt the public land. I have been looking and talking to Oklahoma agents about the amount of hogs in each place. However I would not be doing enough if I did not get feedback from other hunters. So these are the ones that we feel are close enough to drive to.

Cross Timbers WMA, Altus-Lager WMA, Grady County WMA, Gist WMA, Sandy Sanders WMA, Mountain Park WMA, Wa****a WMA, Fort Cobb WMA. Any Info would be most helpful to try to plan a sucessful trip.

Also I have heard that Packsaddle WMA has plenty so I want to see if it is worth the drive.

We also would not be against another cheap lease in the area, a place that a landowner would allow us to hunt, for a fee of course where they have hogs. We have all our own gear just need a place.

Thanks in advance and I would be willing to share public land info for Deer hunting in NW Missouri if you are interested.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

i hunt private land and military property in OK. Never hunted the WMAs. Hunting WMAs outside of deer season in OK is problematic. Only a shotgun and small shot or a rimfire rifle can legally be used outside of deer season.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Spike

Does rimfire rifle mean 17 cal? Own 8 acres of land outside of Waurika.Went up there and walked over the land no sign of hogs.Went on to Cache what a place hogs deer elk buffalo running free. Chuck
Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does rimfire rifle mean 17 cal?
Yes, all rimfires are included. Shot placement is very critical with a rimfire: Put the bullet in the ear.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

I have been talking to some agents and also the managers of these WMA areas. Rifles are allowed in some. Some plan to use a bow anyways so the problem is not the equiptment we can use just more than anything where is most likley we would be able to find them.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

See link:

http://www.wildhoghunters.com/hog-hu...hog-areas.html
Old 11-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by falcon
That is a bunch of great info. Thank you Falcon.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Spike

Hey guys,
I need some help and or advice.
My 92 year old great uncle Jack is wanting one last adventure in life, and has decided to trap feral hogs, and take them to market. His late wife of 70 years was a benefactor of the Missouri Baptist children's home, so he will be donating proceeds to them.
I must admit, I'm fairly clueless about hogs, but I want to be a part of this, his last adventure, lol.
Here's my question. He has made contact with some folks in the Love county area, and I will be meeting him there in anew weeks. I found the Cross Timbers WMA, which looks promising, but can one set traps there? If so, how should I go about getting the proper credentials. Also, any pointers on the best way to approach landowners would be helpful!
Thanks, Daniel