Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Moon Phase / Big game movement >

Moon Phase / Big game movement

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moon Phase / Big game movement

Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Moon Phase / Big game movement

I just checked out the moon phase and rise/set times during the Colorado 2nd Rifle Season and I'm even a little more excited. There is a new moon in the middle of the season and the rise/set times of the moon are more during daylight hours. Do you think that this will promote more elk movement during the day? I'm guessing it will.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

No I don't think moon phases make much difference. Others, no doubt, will have other experiences.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It will make it much harder for them to feed at night. I think it will improve your chances on public land. They tend to go nocturnal when they feel any pressure at all. With no moon , that would be tough.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
It will make it much harder for them to feed at night. I think it will improve your chances on public land. They tend to go nocturnal when they feel any pressure at all. With no moon , that would be tough.

That is what I'm thinking and hoping for. I'm curious to hear other peoples opinion on the affects of the moon.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Spike

They are definetly out more during the full moon then the other phases. I don't think it effects deer and antelope like it does the elk.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I have to say is that I will never go elk hunting during a full moon again.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

I like hunting with out a full Moon, if I can help it. I also believe when the Moon is up during the day the better odds the animals will be up too.