Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2011 New Breed Eclipse.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"
Default 2011 New Breed Eclipse.

2011 New Breed Archery- Eclipse

New Breed Eclipse .............. A new "Do All" bow has hit the scene.

I ordered an Eclipse before it was even named. After having a New Breed Genetix for over a year and it being my bow of choice even thru all the 2011 releases, I knew the Eclpise would be nice. I ordered a left handed model and custom camo finished to boot.
I was waiting at home all day today for it to show when I logged onto my email and low and behold I got a “Delivery” notification that stated the UPS guy logged it as “Left In Garage” on the website. I quickly went outside to see it wasn’t in my garage and as I was about to loose my cool, I decided to call the 1-800 number. Long story short, the lady on the phone read the address off of the delivery notification and it wasn’t the address that was on the label. Seems the driver dropped it off 2 houses down, luckily a quick drive and I had my box.
Once again Kyle and the guys hit a homerun with the Eclipse.

New Breed Archery Eclipse
ATA- 35”
Brace- 7”
IBO- 333 to 337 Feet per second
Proline strings, Barnesdale Limbs, Bow Rattler String stop.

MSRP- $819
Available dressed in Black riser and Next G1 camo split limbs stock.
(Custom camo available @ $150 Upcharge)

Draw and Feel-
I have shot the original Bionex cam since it first came out, this is the first New Breed bow I have shot with the new Bionex 2.0 modular 2-track cam-to-cam system on it. The adjustable draw lengths is a smart move and the cam is just as smooth as the original. It hold rock solid and has a nice valley and let down to it as well.

Fit and Finish-
I have used four different hydro camouflage dipping facilities easily found thru the internet and Jeff at Hannover Hydro is tops in my book. I have had a few bad experiences with other Companies found here on Archery Talk and will stick with Hannover Hydrographics from now on.
http://www.hanoverhydrographics.com/
I changed my minds several times of what pattern I was gonna go with and finally stuck with 3D Deception.....glad I did.
Pictures cannot capture how crisp this camo scheme is, very nice. This pattern is so clear and crisp, I can see the pine needles and the micro Predator logo all over the bow, very nice pattern.
I got a sling from Straight'N Arrow bowslings, and guessing when I ordered, it was a perfect match to my strings.
http://www.snaarchery.com/

Overall Performance-
Setting the bow up at 90 degrees and 7/8 inch as per the manual got me a perfect bullet hole right away with my HT-2 arrows.
As far as initial speeds, running it thru the Pro Chrono indoors with no lights I got the following at 65lbs / 28.5” draw dead on:
370 grains = 290 FPS
325 grains = 306 FPS.
Not bad speeds for two draw stops, Dloop and TruPeep on the string and straight outta the box with no special tuning and under 100 shots on the strings.
I am a short ATA bow guy, this bow being slightly longer than the Genetix holds well yet isnt too long or heavy for my liking.
This is will make a great All Purpose bow, both target and hunting. At a lil over 6 and a half pounds as pictured, it balanced very well in the hand (with my "grenade launcher" stabilizer Jeff liked to call it) Before and after the shot.

All in all, I am impressed with the Eclipse.
Will it dethrone my Genetix?
Probably not...at least not yet .
But, it is VERY, VERY close in the running.
I like the way it feels, it is dead quiet with no vibe (actually better than my Genetix in that aspect) and I look forward to getting it out on the local
3D course to see just how well I can shoot it.

Thanks New Breed Archery, keep up the great work.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 New Breed Eclipse.-imgp0001.jpg   2011 New Breed Eclipse.-imgp0006.jpg   2011 New Breed Eclipse.-imgp0002.jpg