Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Impact Reviews wanted >

TC Impact Reviews wanted

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Impact Reviews wanted

Old 10-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default TC Impact Reviews wanted

Has anyone used the new TC Impact yet? I am looking for some reviews on this gun. What do you guys know about it? Thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

All I know is what was told to me by Thompson Center Arms. It has the same barrel as the Omega. It comes with a blued barrel. The stock is also the same material as the Omega. It is adjustable for length. I shouldered one at a store and was very impressed with the rifle. It shouldered well and the action I tried was easy to open and lock back up.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Our local walmart has them for under $250.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.basspro.com/Thompson/Cent...07698/-1685271
Old 10-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Spike

I own one, and for the price you cannot beat it! It has 2 inch groupings at 100 yards, it can easily take down a deer at over 200 yards, there is only 2 issues I have with it

1. The way the break action is designed, makes it hard for cleaning
2. The trigger guard is plastic and could possibly break off

But I would definatly purchase it!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Just bought the blue/black version for my wife. Paid $219.95 at our local gunshop.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Spike

I love mine as well. I had been shooting a CVA buckhorn for the last 2 years. It did the job, but was not my favorite gun.

The pulled the Impact out of the box, cleaned the mfg oils out and the first shot went right through the 10-ring. Group opened up to 3 inches, but I haven't worked up loads yet.

I was shooting Hornady SST's (250gr) with 100gr Pyrodex pellets. This close to the season I won't bother working up other loads, but plan on 777/Pyrodex, with SST/FPB/Barnes/and possibly PowerBelt come spring.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Spike

I left the range yesterday morning and I can't believe how well this thing shoots. By far it is the best muzzleloader for the money. Less than 2 inch group, center of the black at 100 yrds, at 50 yrds the hole were touching 2 inches high. If I miss this year it ain't the guns fault.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Spike

I hate to sound like a broken record, but....

excellent gun for the money. Tomorrow will start my second season hunting with it. Out of the box-dead on at 25 yds (250gr. SST over 100gr Pyro pellets). At 50 yds 3 shots were touching (and using fixed sights).

Last year took a doe at 110 yds. This year I added a 4x32 Simmons scope.

Exceptional gun for the money, I've had no problems cleaning it (then again my last MZ was a Buckhorn). I love being able to just pull the plug, swab the barrel, and clean the threads.

There are more expensive/flashier guns out there, and they'll shoot as you would expect by their price, but I doubt any could shoot more consistently than the Impact.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go out and handle it for yourself to see if it fits you. I have no doubt that it shoots very well. I have handled several and decided that I do not like the way it feels when holding and shouldering it. Just a personal preference, mind you. For me, the way a rifle shoulders and feels in the hand is very important. Everyone is different and has their own likes and dislikes. TC has a very good reputation for building rifles and customer service, so if you like how it feels I would not hesitate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.