Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How much is my used bow worth? >

How much is my used bow worth?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How much is my used bow worth?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How much is my used bow worth?

I have a 2005 Bow Tech Tribute that still looks brand new. I bought it in the spring/summer of 2005 then changed jobs during the summer of 2005. I never hunted with it, I shot it less than 100 times. This bow has been sitting in its case ever since.
I want to trade it in on a new bow, what is a fair trade in value? I will be going back to the same shop I bought this bow to buy my new bow. Will this help my trade in value?

Thanks,

WK
Old 03-04-2010, 07:20 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Not as much as you think or hope. ebay is the best place to get an idea of what they are going for. When you sell a used bow if it has 0 shots or a million it goes without a warranty, unless it is an Elite.

Would guess it will sell in the range of $200-$275. That is what the shop owner will sell it for. He will give you less as he needs to make a profit by reselling. You would be better off selling it on ebay, Craigs List, or the classifieds here or Archery Talk.

You walk out the door with a bow the value goes down 20%. At a year you will get about 50% or purchase price. They don't hold value.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reply MEZ. I want to get a new bow because I do not like this bows draw cycle. I would like a new bow but do not want to get killed on the trade.
This bow still looks brand new, you could put it on the rack at any bow shop and people would swear it was a new bow. I might just keep it and hunt with it for a year or two? Keeping it and hunting with it would be the smart thing to do, but nobody ever accused me of being too smart.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The tribute was the best "little" bow made IMO. If you can find someone that is looking for a now for their kid, wife, small framed guy, I bet you can get some money out of that bow. $300 I don't think is out of the question, especially if it is in good shape. For the short-draw archer, tough to find a better rig than the Tribute was. I would only trade it in as a last resort. Over on AT, someone will snatch it up quickly is my guess.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
The tribute was the best "little" bow made IMO. If you can find someone that is looking for a now for their kid, wife, small framed guy, I bet you can get some money out of that bow. $300 I don't think is out of the question, especially if it is in good shape. For the short-draw archer, tough to find a better rig than the Tribute was. I would only trade it in as a last resort. Over on AT, someone will snatch it up quickly is my guess.
You would be able to sell it very quickly over there. That bow is in pretty high demand. The Tribute and Alligance are commonly considered the best bows Bowtech ever made.

Technically it will be an 06 model. There wasn't an 05 model Tribute. I just sold mine in December for $300 bare bow. I could have gotten more out of it on AT or here, but sold it to a buddy that has drooled over it since I bought it.

Last edited by cartman308; 03-11-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Modules?

I know you are thinking about something new, and I can understand that, but if it is an '06 Tribute, have you tried smooth modules on it? You may like the draw much more if you do, and they really don' t cost that much to try. Might also be a selling point if you decide you still want to sell it.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default In this recession

probably a lot less than a 2005 Lexus.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JOE PA
, have you tried smooth modules on it?
I switched my 06 ally from fast to smooth mods and absolutely love the difference. I don't know that I could ever get used to the fast modules, way too harsh for me. You can get modules for 15.00 to 20.00 delivered to you door and only loose 8 fps.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JOE PA
I know you are thinking about something new, and I can understand that, but if it is an '06 Tribute, have you tried smooth modules on it? You may like the draw much more if you do, and they really don' t cost that much to try. Might also be a selling point if you decide you still want to sell it.
A very good point!!! I know w/ my 82nd, it's NASTY to draw w/ the draw stop near the "1" marker, but move that drawstop to the "8" mark, and it's a WHOLE different bow, just because it allows it to come into a valley. Were the drawstop not able to be moved and stuck at that "1" spot, I'd have never shot this bow more than 10 times before I'd have put it back on the market!!! Smooth mods, and some draw stop adjustments (if that bow has a draw-stop) could make the difference between a bow that you HATE, and a bow that you LOVE!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Adjustability is nice!

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
A very good point!!! I know w/ my 82nd, it's NASTY to draw w/ the draw stop near the "1" marker, but move that drawstop to the "8" mark, and it's a WHOLE different bow, just because it allows it to come into a valley. Were the drawstop not able to be moved and stuck at that "1" spot, I'd have never shot this bow more than 10 times before I'd have put it back on the market!!! Smooth mods, and some draw stop adjustments (if that bow has a draw-stop) could make the difference between a bow that you HATE, and a bow that you LOVE!!!
Never had a Tribute, but I did play quite a bit with Martin CAT cams. Twist the heck out of the string, move the draw stop so it hits just as the bow hits peak letoff, and it improved it a lot. Binarys still have that "locked in" feel, even with a very short set valley. Now, if only all bows had cams like the Z3s, there would be no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.