Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
browning abolt? titanium? 270/300wsm? >

browning abolt? titanium? 270/300wsm?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

browning abolt? titanium? 270/300wsm?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default browning abolt? titanium? 270/300wsm?

Anyone have a browning abolt titanium in 270wsm or 300wsm? how's it shoot?

Any abolt in 270wsm or 300wsm? which abolt version, how's it shoot? favorite load?

how's it feed?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

PICK yourself up an A-bolt or I guess there called X-bolt or something like that today and get it in 300 Win Mag and you'll never look back..I own about a dozen 700's and two Browning A-bolts, 7mmRM and .338WM..the A-bolt bolt system is slick for hunting, the internal clip is great, they were broken in correctly and shot fantastic with noslter partitions and x-bullets..I don't think alot of guys give the brownings the credit they deserve, I've had mine in snow 3 feet deep, driving rainstorms, -20 degree hunts and 95 degree shootins..never had a problem of anykind, never a speck of rust or blemish and I like the slightly less shine of their stainless material..and remember the 300WM is time tested and has passed every test with flying colors.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Browning's are good guns that usually shoot well. The A Bolt is a bit different than the X Bolt. I had an X Bolt in 300 WSM that shot fine. I had zero issues with feeding and performance was good. I liked the trigger and the short bolt lift. It had a polymer mag that functioned fine, but some folks just don't like plastic on rifles. The X Bolt styling is Euro-ish whereas the A Bolt is more typical American. The X Bolt is rather lightweight, which may be good or bad depending on caliber and your personal preference.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just doing a little thinking...have a BAR in .270win. and a abolt in .300 win mag.

Both are heavy, both are wood/blue, thinking about getting a lightweight setup in one of the WSM, not soon, just doing a lil thinking...a lightweight synthetic/stainless.

Kinda thinking of a mountain/sheep style rifle, but then it makes me think you'll be hunting in griz country, so while a .270wsm is fine for sheep, sitka deer etc...stopping a griz if need be...

maybe i need both? haha. trying to thin the herd though not expand it...