Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

The more and more I watch these shows the more angry I get. The El Cazador Ranch place is like a deer highway where they just shoot the biggest deer I have ever seen. They grow these giants for 6 or 7 years and then they contemplate which buck to take. Is he a 5 1/2 or a 6/1/2 year old deer. Personally I dont think that sitting in a house blind and shooting deer that you grow should be called hunting.

I like Jeff Foxworthy but David Morris I cant stand him. "Im gonna grow the next world record buck on my Tecomate property"
Old 09-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jealous?

It's not a high-fenced ranch. He doesn't "stock" the place with farm raised breeder-bucks. He manages with food plots and lets the deer grow to their potential.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Ok there is no fence but your telling me that its just as satisfying if you grow your deer by basically farming them as apposed to hunting them in a state forest.

If I had the resources to farm whitetails and grow them I would do it. I would plot some food plots to provide them with food so they are healthy but I wouldn't farm them like they were cattle.

He can go out and kill a deer out of his deer house any day. What kind of satisfactions do you get when you know that when you walk to your house blind you will kill a buck.

There is no excitement or the rush of actually seeing a buck. I personally would not do it even if I was a professional hunter and it was my job.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Jealous?

It's not a high-fenced ranch. He doesn't "stock" the place with farm raised breeder-bucks. He manages with food plots and lets the deer grow to their potential.
Exactly. It's not high-fenced, he just knows how to grow bigger/healthier than the average person. Plus, he has the money and resources to do it. He's not just some Joe-Schmo either. He's spent the better part of his life studying wildlife biology. Here's his bio...

http://www.tecomate.com/content/index.php/bios/
Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I cannot stomach some of these shows... personally I think they are ruining the sport... but that is just my opinion...
I will not put anyone down for how they want to hunt, where, & what I want to pay for animal, but it's now how I was raised hunting.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt I don't need to see the way they him and haw about this buck to young that buck old enough , it's great to see waht management can do and thye have for sure put the time and money into it. I agree that shooting out of a box at adeer standing on a corn pile is not my idea of hunting. What really really turned me off on them was the hunt with Davids wife whene she was out without him and had this monster come in and she calls him nad said it was monster and she loved him what did he think and he said unless he saw it he didn't know so she passed it then he watched the video and said o my gosh you should have shot that I know that buck is 6 1/2 -7 years old. Was a bit disgusting that he wouldn't let his own wife shoot a deer that she really liked regardless of size, kinda takes the true meaning of hunting out of it, and makes it farming and harvesting.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Canuck33
No doubt I don't need to see the way they him and haw about this buck to young that buck old enough , it's great to see waht management can do and thye have for sure put the time and money into it. I agree that shooting out of a box at adeer standing on a corn pile is not my idea of hunting. What really really turned me off on them was the hunt with Davids wife whene she was out without him and had this monster come in and she calls him nad said it was monster and she loved him what did he think and he said unless he saw it he didn't know so she passed it then he watched the video and said o my gosh you should have shot that I know that buck is 6 1/2 -7 years old. Was a bit disgusting that he wouldn't let his own wife shoot a deer that she really liked regardless of size, kinda takes the true meaning of hunting out of it, and makes it farming and harvesting.

Wait... He said unless he saw it he didn't know, so she passed it. How do you make the leap to the conclusion that "he wouldn't let her shoot a deer she really liked"? Your statements are inconsistent. Did she pass it? Or did he say "don't shoot it until I see the video"?

Also, he doesn't just shoot deer from box blinds, nor does he use "corn piles", although I believe this is by far the most common hunting method in Texas. There's a lot of spot and stalk on his shows. And, not just on his own ranch.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TheMiz54
Ok there is no fence but your telling me that its just as satisfying if you grow your deer by basically farming them as apposed to hunting them in a state forest.

If I had the resources to farm whitetails and grow them I would do it. I would plot some food plots to provide them with food so they are healthy but I wouldn't farm them like they were cattle.

He can go out and kill a deer out of his deer house any day. What kind of satisfactions do you get when you know that when you walk to your house blind you will kill a buck.

There is no excitement or the rush of actually seeing a buck. I personally would not do it even if I was a professional hunter and it was my job.
He's been pretty excited on every hunt I've seen him partake in. I didn't see professional actor in his bio anywhere so I'm pretty sure it was genuine excitement. And, a lot of the bucks he and his family kills are bucks that they have been after for weeks months and even sometimes years.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Wait... He said unless he saw it he didn't know, so she passed it. How do you make the leap to the conclusion that "he wouldn't let her shoot a deer she really liked"? Your statements are inconsistent. Did she pass it? Or did he say "don't shoot it until I see the video"?

Also, he doesn't just shoot deer from box blinds, nor does he use "corn piles", although I believe this is by far the most common hunting method in Texas. There's a lot of spot and stalk on his shows. And, not just on his own ranch.
True. I've never seen anyone on that show hunt over a corn pile. I've heard them say that they "Corn the sendero's" sometimes. Other than that, the only time I've ever seen corn on that program was the little bit they sprinkled on top of a mineral site they established and it was only to attract the deer to the minerals.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally think that show is horrible. There are very few whitetail deer hunting shows that I will turn off but that is one. Everything about is seems so unrealistic. Granted its not high fenced, but im sure he owns thousands of acres of land he can manage, something that most people will never be able to afford to own. Im also not a big fan of him talking about most of his deer are "Cull" bucks. Seems like he only has respect for 160 plus deer and the rest are just problem deer to him.

Im not saying that I wouldn't go there and hunt if it was free, but I wouldn't pay to hunt somewhere like that. It seems like a high fenced hunt without the fences.

I have though checked his daughters hands to see if they have wedding rings on. I wouldn't mind having a spot to hunt for the rest of my life though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.