Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning Medallion >

Browning Medallion

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Medallion

Old 04-16-2003, 04:17 PM
bigcountry

Default Browning Medallion

Just got a medallion 308win used from a guy on the internet. I will never talk bad about the quality of a japanese rifle. One, the fit and finish is great. Two, for a lightweight gun it is a tack driver as long as I only fire two shots and then let cool. Trigger is set nicely. Really can' t complain. Don' t know why someone would sell this beauty for only $450.

Was thinking about this thing with only shooting two shots at a time. Maybe there is a bind somewhere. But hate to take to a smith and monkey around with when it shoots so well. It is free floated.

All the remingtons I have had, I have take to the gun smith and have pillar bedded, trigger adjusted, maybe the crown recut and stock cut out to be free floated, and still I might not be able to cut holes. This gun, I just bought and shot with factory ammo. Bullistic tips, gamekings, and even coreloks all shot less than an .75" at 100 yards. Silvertips and powerpoints got about 1.8" groups. Can' t weight to work up some loads with Varget.

Old 04-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning Medallion

Good luck with your new rifle.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:10 AM

Default RE: Browning Medallion

another satisfied browning customer

they are quite nice rifles. shooting and looks wise. i guess that' s why i also have the browning buckmark tattoo' d on my leg.