Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pennsylvania Landowner Hunting >

Pennsylvania Landowner Hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania Landowner Hunting

Old 11-04-2008, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pennsylvania Landowner Hunting

I was in a discussion with a fellow from PA and he told me as a farmer with 500 acres he can hunt deer without a hunting license. I looked at the PGC website and could find no exception for landowners or farmersto deer hunt without a license. Can anybody tell me what the scoop is on this. Here in NY everybody needs a license and take the hunter safety course, no exceptions for farmers.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:18 AM

Default RE: Pennsylvania Landowner Hunting

I forget the exact thing but there is a way hecan hunt there without a license but he still has to get tags from the game commission. Its actually alot harder then just gettgin alicense.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Farmers don't need tags for deer. All they have ot prove is deprivation of crops and they can shoot all day, includes bear.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Resident Landowner Hunting License: An eli-
gible landowner who owns 80 or more contigu-
ous acres open to public hunting in a Coopera-
tive Public Access Program, or a designated im-
mediate family member living in the same house-
hold, is entitled to a Landowner Hunting License.
Landowner Antlerless Deer Licenses: An eli-
gible landowner who owns 50 or more contigu-
ous acres within any county is entitled to one
antlerless deer license for the WMU where the
land is located, at the prescribed fee ($6 for resi-
dents, $26 for nonresidents). in the service of the armed forces of the U.S. as
certified by the appropriate branch of the armed
forces of the U.S. All of these licenses are avail-
able only through county treasurers and Game
Commission offices.
Disabled War Veterans: Resident disabled war
veterans with service-incurred 100% disability,
or the loss of use of one or more limbs, may
qualify for free hunting and furtaker licenses. Call
your county treasurer.
Replacement Licenses: If a license has been
Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a bit puzzled though. Why would the pgc issue landowner hunting licences if there is no need for the landowner to have a license? Oh well.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because there's a difference between owning land and making a living from your land.You can't just hunt and shoot as much game as you feel because you own the property.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K.,that makes sense. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a bit puzzled though. Why would the pgc issue landowner hunting licences if there is no need for the landowner to have a license? Oh well.

Qualified landowners, those with their land under continuous commercial cultivation, can hunt their own land without a hunting license during the legal seasons but they can not hunt on any other lands.

The availability of landowner hunting license allows the qualified landowners to get a license so they can also hunt off of their own lands. It is just a way of expressing some gratitude toward the landowners where game reside and feed.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RSB

Qualified landowners, those with their land under continuous commercial cultivation, can hunt their own land without a hunting license during the legal seasons but they can not hunt on any other lands.

The availability of landowner hunting license allows the qualified landowners to get a license so they can also hunt off of their own lands. It is just a way of expressing some gratitude toward the landowners where game reside and feed.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Thanks RSB. Do the qualified landowners need tags?
Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RSB

R.S. Bodenhorn
Doesn't this include full time employees and also land that these farmers have on lease?

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania Landowner Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.