Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blind made from wood pallets?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Blind made from wood pallets?

Has anyone done this? Do you have pics? A friend said he saw this on the outdoor channel last night and it sounded like a cool idea. Sounded like a box blind with shooting windows that they covered with burlap camo and branches on the ground.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blind made from wood pallets?

Sounds likesome of the ground blinds I have made for bowhunting. They work well when brushed in correctly...I havemainly used small pieces of hogpanel and used zip ties to hold the brush on it with but a pallet should work well too....I don't have any pic's though, the only pic I have on my computer is one of a box blind I built this year formy wife and daughter but it is all made of plywood.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I used a wood pallet for the floor inmy blind and a few 1X4s and wrapped it camo, the only thing that cost me was the material which was really cheap.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Years ago I got a wood pallet from work and nailed it up in a tree where the branches forked apart...it lasted for several years before it finally fell apart! A friend of mine took a roll of the small diameter bamboo sticks that were tied together and made a square wall/shooting blind around an old oak tree next to a food plot,then we cut out shooting windows,brushed in a bunch of cedar tree branches and it worked out great during Deer Season.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Tey must work well, I see at least one or two whenever I hunt.