Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

shed hunting laws

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM

Default shed hunting laws

i am new here but i thought this was serious enough to post. utah has a law in effect that prohibits shed hunting until later in the spring to prevent damage to wintering wildlife. now because of the laws, utards are coming into wyoming and other bordering states and pushing antlered animals to get their horns to drop. this is bogus and uncalled for. i am a wyoming native and have been shed hunting for many years. imbuciles like the ones that caused the laws in utah to be made need to stay in their own state and not cause it to happen in others. i antler hunt early but i do not pressure wildlife with atvs, snowmachines or dogs. i back out if i see deer, elk or moose even in the spring. they deserve a break in the offseason. this is all i will say on this.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 AM

Default RE: shed hunting laws

some people will do any thing for a dollar or bragging rights. I have been offered some impressive sheds and they were asking a stiff price for large elk sheds. you are right on the mark. if they had to pay for a non resident shed hunting lic. could be finedor jailed for harassing game on the winter range something could be done.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never thought shed hunting was this intense, maybe we'll need some laws now, though more laws is the lsat thing we need, also what if youre just wandering around before the season opens and find one? goto jail? Also I think shed hunting many think landowners/private land wont care, if you trespass, sorry buddy, my land my sheds.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Check this out!
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=33703;gue st=38915375

Deeeeeeeeeeeeepressing.