Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 choke for trap shooting? >

choke for trap shooting?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

choke for trap shooting?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Default choke for trap shooting?

is ok to use no choke when shooting target loads when trap shooting? if not what choke do you use? me and mossberghunter93 went trap shooting (which i beat him in by the way) and neither of us weere using chokes and hitting clay pigoons fine.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:31 PM

Default RE: choke for trap shooting?

Did you gun have screw in choke tubes? If they did you could severly mess up the threads by shooting it with no choke. Then you couldnt put a choke back into it. I normally use a full choke but sometimes if the clays are going faster i will go to a mod choke.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM

crap
well i probably shot 70 rounds without the choke in
Old 02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you arent going to use tubes, use a imporved cylinder at least! i would definetly throw some fulll chokes in there! or at the very least a modified choke! you should see your numbers of targets hit go up.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

crap
well i probably shot 70 rounds without the choke in
Ouch man... you could have severely messed up your threads. I use modified but they also make a skeet choke tube.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM

what choke should i use to hit the most clay pigeons?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:03 PM

It depends on what they are getting thrown from and how fast they are going. For out of a clay pigeon thrower they are going slow so you can use a Imp Cyl for shooting them close and a Mod for shooting them far. For out of a trap house they are going fast usually i would use a Mod and shoot them at about 20 yards or a Full choke and shoot them when they slow down way out there!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

it depends on your skill level really! if it takes you longer to get on the bird and pull t he trigger regardless of speed you will want a mod. or a full depending on how long it takes you to get on the bird. speed, and all that is important but just focus on hitting the birds! experiment on what works best for you! (i dont supose you are shooting handycap, if you are regardless, FULL) good luck!

wait how many did you hit out of those 70 you shot last time?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:14 PM

well i was about 85 percent with no choke but my first time shooting clay pigeons
is the imp cylinder the same as no choke pretty much?
i was shooting the clay pigeons probably 40 yards max with no choke
Old 02-15-2008, 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: andy da animal

if you arent going to use tubes, use a imporved cylinder at least! i would definetly throw some fulll chokes in there! or at the very least a modified choke! you should see your numbers of targets hit go up.
I argee with andy........... and you better shoot with a choke otherwise you will mess up your threads

Quick Reply: choke for trap shooting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.